check out this video on thal major

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQgrTOViN5k

JATINDER KEWLANI
www.thalspoint.com

Offline Narendra

Re: thalassaemia video
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 03:28:02 PM »
Jatinder,

We have another link with video's related to thal at http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1804.0

Sadly, these video depict the medical science from many years ago - which do not have the infrastructure and the recent advances in medical treatment. I do know that this video is totally wrong - The kids can be what they want. They can play sports and they have a lot they can do. Just the outlook needs to change. The doctor's better know - what today's thals can do. But, I also think they want to show that Prevention is better than Cure. Awareness is very very important. I just hope that Awareness reaches its peak and people just test before marriage and/or planning for a child, especially the high risk communities because if uncontrolled - it will become an epedemic.

Re: thalassaemia video
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 05:07:30 PM »
You are right Narendra,
Awareness for this horrible disease should be increased.  And prevention is always better than cure.

In New Jersey women are tested for Thalassemia because the parents can sue the doctor for wrongful birth, I know of a couple who had known of this mishap and terminated pregnancy. Unfortunately I took prenatal care in PA.  There doctor is not liable for a Thal major birth, so he did not bother to test me even though I am extremely anemic and did not bother to inform me of possible problem.  And the law in these states argue that all children have a right to be born and 'we are not trying to raise prized cattle' . These law makers should see the suffering of the innocent children and  their parents before passing on laws against wrongful birth lawsuits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk