frustrated

• 58 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
frustrated
« on: January 31, 2009, 10:05:51 PM »
Little A's hg dropped to 69 today.  He had a cold for a few days - and he was due for his tx after 4 weeks on Wednesday Feb 4th.  I am really worried.  The blood bank is trying to get a match as soon as possible and we are waiting for their call.  He has never been this low.  Please pray for us that we will get a match and that his hg won't fall this low again - we have been through so much just to keep his hg high... I pray that all of that horrific treatment and torture pays off :pray :pray :pray

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: frustrated
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 10:14:43 PM »
Hi Sharmin ,
Dont wory , he will b fine .. Little A is in my thoughts n prayers . he will be fine and  he will find a mtch as welll .. soo dont worry , i hope , pray and wish that his Hg will never drop to that low again and he will live a healthy life , he will b fine .... Take Care

Best Regards
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 10:51:44 PM »
Umair,
Thank you so much - your words mean so much.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 11:11:40 PM »
I hope they calling sooooon! I hope his hgb wont drop further. Take care and I hope little A feels soon okidokie again  :hugfriend

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 11:12:10 PM »
Dear Sharmin, don't worry please our little A is a strong boy and he wiill be just fine. I am sure you know how a cold or a flu can cause this drop especially that it was close to the trasfusion time. How is he doing, do you feel that this drop has reflected on him or not ???

Please keep updating us

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 11:19:23 PM »
Thank you Dore and Manal  :hugfriend,

My heart just dropped when they told me that his hg is so low.  I really hope that it is due to the flu.  He looks white and he complained about being dizzy.  I don't know if it is due to nasal congestion or if it is due to the anemia - probably both. 

I am walking around with the phone in my hand awaiting their call.  I don't want to wait until tomorrow because I don't know if he is still having hemolysis. 

I am praying that it is not the dreaded antibodies again.  I never want that to happen again.

Thanks again my friends,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 11:25:04 PM »
Sharmin, i am praying for you both. i really hope they will call now :hugfriend

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 01:10:31 AM »
still waiting.....
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 01:26:50 AM »
Andy,

As I await the blood, I am wondering if we are in any immediate danger if they do not find the blood soon.  I cannot imagine that this can be good for him - being so low - but is it actually dangerous? 

I am also wondering how this will affect the echocardiogram scheduled for February 10th and the T2* that is scheduled for February (12th or 13th?). 

Thanks Andy,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 01:42:02 AM »
I don't think he's in any immediate danger. Intermedias live with that Hb level and my experience with one of my Maldivian brothers taught me that immediate dangers lie in hemoglobin levels below 4 (this guy has been admitted to the hospital twice because he "forgot" to get transfused. There are a lot of issues about why he does this). Right now, keep him hydrated, resting and eating nutritious foods. Fruits would be really good, as they will help keep his blood sugar up. I don't think this will affect the echo as long as his Hb is back to normal by then, but do mention it to Oakland in that contect to see if the appointment should be delayed.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 02:51:39 AM »
Thank you Andy.  I will call them on Monday. 
The hospital says that there isn't a match yet - but they will call us if the blood is found by 11pm tonight otherwise we will get the transfusion tomorrow morning. 

This is really nerve wrecking.  I just hope that there will be blood waiting for us for tomorrow morning. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 04:37:52 AM »
They have finally found blood - so my husband took him to the hospital for his transfusion.  It is 9:30pm so he will be transfused over night.  I hope that it all goes well and that he is feeling better when he comes home. 

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers,  :grouphug

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 04:40:51 AM »
 :clap  Very happy to hear this.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 04:42:56 AM »
Thank you Andy,  thank you also for answering all of my panicky questions today - your support and informative answers got our family through the day  :hugfriend

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 08:20:05 AM »
Oh My God,

I am sorry i missed the post yesterday,i was so tired that i couldn't keep my eyes open,it's happening a lot to me now a days.

I hope Little A is fine by now,Sharmin,the drop in his hb must be due to the cold,i am sure no Antibodies this time,my prayers are with him. :hugfriend

I have a clod myself and my head aches a lot,and i am feeling dizzy right now,so this all must have to do with cold,i am sure his low hb was due to cold.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk