« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 07:51:49 PM »
i tried to post, but i can not find the words. i will try it tomorrow
Dore

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Dore's appt
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 08:12:07 PM »
Dore,

I hope that you feel better soon.  You can try putting tumeric in italian sauces - it works great. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 03:15:06 AM »
Dore

:getwell Can you start Nigella? It may help your immunity system.

Zaini.

^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Dori

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 06:52:39 AM »
Ok, we got a deal. I'll bring the Asian Toko a visit so soon as I am back on Apeldoorn station  :thumbs Now I have to run to catch the train of 8:27 am.... Did I ever said I like mornings? I do. It brings me good ideas. And the music from Ready for the Good Times from <--Shakira helps too! :hugfriend

Offline Dori

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 02:54:44 PM »
So soon as I left the house I had only bad luck. After 1,5hours 4 different trains and 5min running I came at my college. I took the elevator to 4 and I stood in an empty room. So I runned of the stairs to floor 2, log in an a pc and after 5 min I saw my mistake
It turns out that my teacher is sick since the 24th. I have looked at this list before, even this morning but I did not recognize her as my teacher. The rest of the day was a disaster too, nevertheless I am hone now :)
I went to the Asia Toko (is that also an English word?) and they don't have nigella. But I stood eye in eye with the fennel so I bought that  :wink I will keep searching for nigella.

Ok, now the news I tried to write here yesterday.
Yesterday it was not only a black day because of the horrible plane crash, but also because of personal stuff.
My father's results came back as not (very) good, BUT we heard that they are not sure of what they measure is really marker (protein) so my father is also a guinea pig!   :huh (They have never tell us this before, only that it does not say a lot or it is an important test or ...  :rolleyes) More tests will be done in two weeks and it takes an other two weeks before we hear the results.

Tomorrow I will spent a whole day in the hospital to find out of the Exjade made me feel so horrible or not. I have also transfusion and most of the times it turns out to be a painful pasttime. Since you must accept all things with positive thoughts I will think about the good things.

Thank you for the suggestions and thank you for reading this,

Dore
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 03:01:52 PM by Peartree Girl »

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 03:03:46 PM »
Dore,

I am sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult time.  I pray that your father will be okay.  I also pray that your symptoms were not caused by exjade and that they will soon subside.  Please keep us posted dear,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 03:13:31 PM »
Dore, you are in my thoughts, good luck tomorrow dear, keep us updated :hugfriend :hugfriend

manal

Offline Zaini

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »
Dore,

Good luck with your dad's reports and your transfusion,you are in my thoughts in prayers. :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Dori

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »
Hello Everyone,
It took me a bit longer than I planned, excuses-moi! It is not because I am ill. It is because I started to life again! I am feeling so great since I had the transfusion. And everything went well at friday. It is really a miracle. I had no bad reactions on Exjade, no bad reactions on the blood and I did not feel like I could sleep again 24hrs.
What did I do yesterday? I tidy up my room, orderded all those papers from study in files, cleaned the night table, table and cupboard, tidy up my closet, went even shopping to buy a few things (i found a good frame from the picture of grandpa with almost all his (20) grandchildren) and hand in a few books by library. I also read all those new (87) emails and did the laundry. When I went to bed I felt normal tired, and I like that feeling. I am very happy to feel so well and I am also happy that I have the energy to help my mother with doing the housekeeping. Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts or prayers. I really appreciate that.  I made a new transfusion cycle with the nurse. I will have the next in 3 weeks and the other transfusion in 2 weeks, 3week and 2weeks. Maybe I will try during summer to have one bag every three weeks. During summer I am always feeling much better than during winters.

The last thing I want to say that I refuse to talk about ferritine anymore and that I will let them check it not earlier than May again.

I wish you alll an excellent sunday!!!

:hugfriend Dore
p.s. I hope litte mister A and little madame Z are feeling better and/or great too

Offline Zaini

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 10:22:31 AM »
Hi Dore,

Its really good to hear that you are feeling well again  :hugfriend iam so happy for you.
Little Madame Z is fine  :biggrin cough and congestion is still there and she is getting a bit cranky and tired due to that,but thanks to God there is no fever,I hope her hb is stable.

Have a good week :) .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2009, 04:16:31 PM »
Dore, i am really happy knowing that you feel better now. i wish this feeling will always continue with you. May God bless you :hugfriend :hugfriend

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2009, 04:18:25 PM »
Dear Dore,

It is great to hear about how well you are feeling.  That sounds like a great plan you have made for your transfusion cycle.  I wish you the best.  

Little Mister A is doing much better now, just like little Madame Z - he still has cough and congestion but he is not too bothered by it.  

Best,
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 07:45:25 AM »
Manal,

I was thinking about this last night. To be short: hemoglobine is not my problem. So I am not sure of Hydrea will help me at all.

Offline Manal

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2009, 07:52:19 AM »
Yes I know Dore that the ferritin is the biggest problem, that is way trying to increase the gap between transfusion will help you lower your ferritin.

Hope your studies are going well, i am always proud of people studing law :wink

manal

Offline Dori

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 08:45:43 AM »
Thank you Manal.

At the moment I am fighting to get myself in a trip to Brussel. I did not subscribe me for it earlier, because I thought I would be still feel very ill. I also thought we would hear my father's results at that time, but that takes 12 to 14 more days!  :mad Why do they let you wait for so long? It's inhuman, it is.

PK def. does not affect the hemoglobine. It does affect the structure of the rest of the cell. Let me think what pyruvate does. An illegal source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyruvate_kinase

To be honest. I have such feeling that this is only the second time that I search for (good) pyruvate kinase. It's pretty difficult. Everytime when you think you does understand it, you don't understand it at all.

The best thing I can do is ask my father about it. You never have a right time to ask this, so I will ask it during dinner. Now I must run and get ready for college. We got European Law this semester. Actually it's week 6 out of week 7. Week 8 i for all the lectures what were cancelled (plus the trip) The trip is for year 2 and I got an exam of year 1 in week 8. We never have exams in week 8.  :rolleyes Week 9 and week 10 are for the exams. BUT this time I have no exams in week 10. My birthday is at the end of week 10. I don't like it that everyone wants to know your b'day so I decided to turn it on for this website. I'll only say it once: it's 10th April  :wink

Edit: I saw once a little babyboy with this http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/948360-overview. Not only his blood was affected, also his muscles and brain. Poor kid   :'(
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:50:59 AM by Peartree Girl »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk