Discussion Forums > Thalassemia-related Issues

Update on Nigella (Black onion seed, cumin seed) and Hepatitis

<< < (3/23) > >>

Sharmin:
Thank you Andy,
I will get this soon.  When I read about the Camel's milk - I'll be honest my first thought was - 'Now where am I going to find a camel  :dunno ?"  :biggrin

Can it be purchased or ordered from somewhere? 

Sharmin

Zaini:

--- Quote from: Sharmin on February 23, 2009, 04:43:35 AM ---Thank you Andy,
I will get this soon.  When I read about the Camel's milk - I'll be honest my first thought was - 'Now where am I going to find a camel  :dunno ?"  :biggrin

Can it be purchased or ordered from somewhere? 

Sharmin

--- End quote ---
:heehee :heehee The same thought crossed my mind,although camels are avalable here,but where would i find their milk ?

I mostly use nigella seeds in cooking as i knew they are good for health,there is a Hadith by Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) which means that "Nigella can cure anything except death",so keeping that in mind i kept using it in cooking,and now i am happy that i did this,and i also take it in the morning on empty stomach for weight loss,with honey in warm water.

I'll start it with Little Z immediately,as both things are already present in my kitchen  :biggrin

Zaini.

Andy Battaglia:
Sharmin,

You might consider Lactoferrin capsules, available from many companies. I would suggest looking for a product that also contains colostrum, as they both enhance the immune system.

I just spent some time reading about lactoferrin. It's a natural iron binding protein that is used by the body to help regulate how much iron is available. This is especially important in preventing viruses and bacteria from getting access to the iron that would make them flourish. One study I saw showed the value of lactoferrin in rheumatoid arthritis because it binds free iron found in the synovial fluid in joints. Lactoferrin sequesters iron, allowing it to be used only where needed in the body, while inhibiting the iron catalyzed production of hydroxyl radicals.

I read about lactoferrin until my head felt like a brick. I think we will return to this subject in the future.

Zaini:
Thanks for the info Andy  :ty

Colostrum is available at Puritan.

http://www.puritansale.com/pages/iq.asp?SearchText=colostrum&x=0&y=0

Zaini.

Manal:
Congratulations for Ambareen and i hope  she continues to get better

This goes with the thread below
http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=2539.0;highlight=original+baraka

but unfortunatly this has been suppressed here by many big drug companies

manal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version