Friend's son has epilepsy

• 3 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Friend's son has epilepsy
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:47:48 AM »
Dear friends,

My friend's son, who is now 12 years old, was diagnosed with epilepsy 3 years ago.  He began having seizures suddenly at the age of 9, a CAT scan revealed a small area of damage caused by a forceps delivery at birth.  He had grand mal seizures, brought on by flashing lights. 

He was on anti convulsant medications until this summer.  He has been off of meds since August and has not had any seizures since then.  An EEG done in the fall shows that there is some abnormality, which may subside with time or it may subsist.  I hope that he never has a seizure again and that they can leave this awful episode behind them. 

Are there any known supplements that may have neurological benefits, which may reduce the likelihood of his seizures re-occurring?  Perhaps supplements having anticonvulsant properties?  Is there a certain diet that will be beneficial for him?

She is a very close friend of mine, and her son is the oldest of three children.  She is very much afraid of what this prognosis means for his future and she wants to do everything that she can for him during his adolescent years. 

Thank you kindly for your responses,

Sincerely,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Friend's son has epilepsy
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 03:11:09 AM »
Sharmin,

I hope his seizures will never reoccur,Please convey my best wishes to your friend.

Check this link if it helps.

http://www.epilepsyontario.org/client/EO/EOWeb.nsf/web/Supplements

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 03:53:44 PM »
Thanks Zaini  :hugfriend

I read through the link.  I hope that through nutrition and supplements she can ensure that his neurological system becomes very healthy and he outgrows this entirely. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 09:05:39 PM »
Along with natural source vitamin e - I have suggested that my friend begin giving her son IP6 as well.  I think that IP6 is likely to positively affect every cell in the body.

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk