• 1 Replies
my experience with HbF inducers
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:48:51 AM »
hi everybody,

my weight is 54 kg,

Phase1:
I used HbF inducers for three months as the following:

* Reseveratrol (20 mg/kg/day) which equals to 2 tablets of 500 mg resveratrol
*L- carnitine ( 20 mg/kg/day) which equals to 3 tablets of 350 mg L-carnitine (it is a low dose for financial reasons!!!!)
n.b.recomended dose for l-carnitine is 50mg/kg/day(Beshlawy et al., 2005)

RESULTS

Hb percent never fall below 6.2

Phase 2:(two months duration)

*I reduced the dose of resveratrol to be 10mg/kg/day (i.e. one tablet per day)
*one thing should be mentioned is that i made too many effort in these two months

Results:

Haemoglobin became 5.3

Conclusion:
A question is asked: Is the reduction of Hb is due to resveratrol dose reduction or due to the extra effort?

Phase 3:
Resveratrol: 1 day i will take one tablet(10mg/kg) and the other i will take two(20mg/kg)
L- carnitine: 6 tablets per day for 5 days per week(40mg/kg/day)
then i am intending to add L- arginine and bergamot within 2 weeks???????????

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: my experience with HbF inducers
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 06:03:36 PM »
It does look like your results are directly related to the quantities you are taking. I will be interested in what bergamot may add to your results.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19371028

Bergamot ( Citrus bergamia Risso) Fruit Extracts as gamma-Globin Gene Expression Inducers: Phytochemical and Functional Perspectives.

Guerrini A, Lampronti I, Bianchi N, Zuccato C, Breveglieri G, Salvatori F, Mancini I, Rossi D, Potenza R, Chiavilli F, Sacchetti G, Gambari R, Borgatti M.

Department of Biology and Evolution, Agro-technological and Pharmaceutical Resources (Agri-Unife).

Epicarps of Citrus bergamia fruits from organic farming were extracted with the objective of obtaining derived products differently rich in coumarins and psoralens. The extracts were chemically characterized by (1)H nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), gas chromatography-flame ionization detection (GC-FID), gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), and high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) for detecting and quantifying the main constituents. Both bergamot extracts and chemical standards corresponding to the main constituents detected were then assayed for their capacity to increase erythroid differentiation of K562 cells and expression of gamma-globin genes in human erythroid precursor cells. Three experimental cell systems were employed: (a) the human leukemic K562 cell line, (b) K562 cell clones stably transfected with a pCCL construct carrying green-enhanced green fluorescence protein (EGFP) under the gamma-globin gene promoter, and (c) the two-phase liquid culture of human erythroid progenitors isolated from healthy donors. The results suggest that citropten and bergapten are powerful inducers of differentiation and gamma-globin gene expression in human erythroid cells. These data could have practical relevance, because pharmacologically mediated regulation of human gamma-globin gene expression, with the consequent induction of fetal hemoglobin, is considered to be a potential therapeutic approach in hematological disorders, including beta-thalassemia and sickle cell anemia.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk