world thalassaemia day

• 15 Replies

Offline erum minhas

• my lovely daughter
world thalassaemia day
« on: April 17, 2009, 03:12:44 AM »
dear all :hugfriend

hope all of you are fine and in good health, as u all know 8th may is world thalassaemia day and we arranged programmes here always. like walk ,debates,interactive sessions etc. i really appericiate if you people send me some new ideas ,suggestions regarding thalassaemia day  ??? :rolleyes ???

waiting for prompt reply

erum minhas

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: world thalassaemia day
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 03:53:58 PM »
AOA Dr.Erum ,
i hope yo'll be fine ... well this time i have a little short time i have to go for Salat. soo , a short message , FM , yes it will be a good thing if a Thals/heamtologist spend his/her day especialy thalassemia day on a FM radio channel to answer the calls and aware the listeners about thalaseemia .i m saying this bcoze most of the youung people like to listen and call in FM programmes , and a waste majority of young people, is the fan of FM DJs (I Think, but i m not a listener f FM or any other radio service but i guess its the media of young people ) soo it will be a good idea to aware the young geneartion abt thalasemia and to tell them how they can minimize the chances of being parent of a thal chiild, " Awared youth means less more Thals " .. tell me if you like this idea , i have alot more ideas  and would definitely share those with you ... onething , if you aware a married couple about thalassemia its not too late but a little late but if you tell abt thalassemia a young un-married person , its better and right time to tell ...  its better to tell before marriage than telling after water comes to nose ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

Edited : spelling mistakes .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 11:26:13 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline erum minhas

• my lovely daughter
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 03:01:56 AM »
thanks umair for a great idea,you r right" to educate youth ,to educate whole community", i ll work for it , tell me more if you can as i want to do some thing change ,
how are you and your health, still i m confuse about this side may be new user or some thing else
any way i m praying for your good health and others too

erum  minhas

Offline Nur

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 04:09:45 AM »
That's a very good idea Nice Friend. You are right because the radio is very popular in the community and it will be a great way to educate people.

My Club will be hosting a  blood donation day on 1st May to celebrate this day. Then we will be representing our state to another Thalassaemia state's Association. This way, we can all get together and disscuss and have a good time  :biggrin

:heartpink Happy Thalassaemia day to all!  :heartred

:stars

Offline SF

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 08:28:29 AM »
I did not even know that May 1st is Thalassemia Day!!  Glad to have found out..  :wink
Well, I'll be meeting with my hematologist and my social worker on May 1st to discuss some stuff...
I'll ask if my Hem clinic has anything planned..  :dunno ???

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 11:20:58 AM »
Hi Dr.Erum,
 :thankyou2 for Appreciiating the idea, i m fit n fine :thumbsup , i m not a new user, i m going to complete my 1st year on this forum somewhere in the end of April ,  and Thanx for prayers as well :) ...
another thing that you can do is to make a documentary and send that on Aaj Tv n Geo News's e-mail adress, last time i wathced a few documentaries at geo on 8th may from all pakistan center karachi peshawar lahore quetta, soo ,i hope they would b happy to get a video documentary to show on 8th may and i know a segment of geo as well where they can show things like these, that is "GEO DOST" , soo, if it is possible fror you then think about it as well .....

another Idea , contact your Local Cable operators to give you people time on their CD channel or on their anyother channel , if all these are abundant then ..

contact a few college's admins to give you time for 30 minutes lecture on 8th may  about thalassemia  , and in addition you can make the video of those lectures and then can send to news channel ... like Kashif Iqbal Trust you may also add Thalassemia screening test ( if i m not wrong that called  Electropherosis Test ?? ) ) in your visit and lecture schedule of colleges ...

@ Nur
Hi Nur,
Thank you for encouragement , and best of luck for your Thalassemia day's schedule ....
====================

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 06:57:50 PM »
I did not even know that May 1st is Thalassemia Day!!  Glad to have found out..  :wink
Well, I'll be meeting with my hematologist and my social worker on May 1st to discuss some stuff...
I'll ask if my Hem clinic has anything planned..  :dunno ???

SF,

Its May 8th :) .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Nur

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 03:19:18 AM »
OOppss...i guess that i need to make some correction. Thalassaemia day is on the 8th May. What i meant for 1st May is that we will make a blood donation on that day as a celebration for the upcoming 8th May.

:wink

Nur

Offline SF

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 08:20:40 AM »
oh...
Thanks for the correction Zaini and Nur!
Regards,
SF

Offline erum minhas

• my lovely daughter
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 03:33:09 AM »
dear umair

we already did hb electrphoresis for the last 7 years alhamdullilah we are doing extended screening of thalassaemic families too and prevent consangious marriages also send mothers for cvs at pns shifa hospital. thanks for nice suggestions
praying for you always

erum minhas

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »
Dr.Erum ,
 Your Welcome ,
 its my pleasure to share ideas to make Pakistan " A Thalassema Free  Country "...  its realy nice to hear that you people are already doing great job :thumbup and working hard to achieve the goal to save Pakistan's futur ( our young generation ) ( Well , i m not too old to say young generation  soo correcton  " Next Generation "  ) ....  its realy great to have you here on forum , please stay in-touch and keep visiting, i hope hear alot more to you   ... keep posting ...

Best REgards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline erum minhas

• my lovely daughter
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 03:14:35 AM »
i wish i will continue this dear if you want, send me a article which i read from you on this day

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 03:59:35 AM »
Dr.Erum ,
i will definately try to write something , but i m not  good at it :grin ... i will try to find something to search engines as wel .. :thumbsup ....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Annie

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 08:39:04 AM »
Hello
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL THALASSEMIA DAY TO ALL OF MY FRNS
we are having a cultural program here on 8th May. and I'm doing
dance performance.

I AM  SUFFERING FROM THALA MAJOR

Offline erum minhas

• my lovely daughter