Top 10 health benefits of Blueberries

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sharmin:
Oh, I get it  :biggrin 
I don't think that Blackberry is very good for your health :(

Canadian_Family:
Hi Zaini and Tariq,

Blueberries is not falsa. I know both falsa and blueberries very well.

nice friend:
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberries

For other uses, see Blueberry (disambiguation).

Blueberries are flowering plants in the genus Vaccinium, sect. Cyanococcus. The species are native only to North America[1]. They are shrubs varying in size from 10 cm tall to 4 m tall; the smaller species are known as "lowbush blueberries" (synonymous with "wild"), and the larger species as "highbush blueberries". The leaves can be either deciduous or evergreen, ovate to lanceolate, and from 18 cm long and 0.53.5 cm broad. The flowers are bell-shaped, white, pale pink or red, sometimes tinged greenish.

The fruit is a false berry 516 mm diameter with a flared crown at the end; they are pale greenish at first, then reddish-purple, and finally blue on ripening. They have a sweet taste when mature, with variable acidity. Blueberry bushes typically bear fruit from May through June in the Western Hemisphere; blueberry season peaks in July, which is National Blueberry Month in the United States and Germany.[2]

Beginning in 2005, blueberries have been discussed among a category of functional foods called superfruits having the favorable combination of nutrient richness, antioxidant strength, emerging research evidence for health benefits[3] and versatility for manufacturing popular consumer products

Scientific classification
Kingdom: Plantae

(unranked): Angiosperms

(unranked): Eudicots

(unranked): Asterids

Order: Ericales

Family: Ericaceae

Genus: Vaccinium

Section: Cyanococcus
Rydb.

Hi Buddies , if that's not "Falsa" then it mean's that i also dont know wat blueberry is ....
Zaini & Tariq , m feeling the same you people was feeling little earlier in tthis week  :rotfl :teehee :grin

Best Regards , one day we will find out wat blueberry is called here in S.Asia .....

Umair

nice friend:
hey buddies,
i got a few results abt it ...

Q. What is blueberry called in hindi?

A. I guess jamoon 

Q. What are blueberries called in Hindi?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
in urdu its falsa. I think it should be same in hindi if u knw wt falsa is.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blueberries are not a common food anywhere in Indial
Mulberries, on the other hand, are 'Shehtooth'

Note :   "Falsa", "Shehtooth" and " Jamoon " are 3 Different Fruits .. now Finalize which one is the Blueberry :grin ...

Regards,
Umair

T @ r ! Q:
Quote from: Canadian_Family on May 23, 2009, 05:37:49 PM

Blueberries is not falsa. I know both falsa and blueberries very well.

Lo kar lo gal. This is more complicated than i thought  :-\

Guyz, Lets start all over again and this time find out what is falsa called in English. That will solve it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page