Inositol question

• 8 Replies

Offline Dori

Inositol question
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:05:37 PM »
Hello,

Today I bought 'Inositol'. The owner of the store told me that it's the same as IP6. Is that true?
There is zero information at the little box from "Now", only that it contains 100 tablets of 500mg Inositol, that it comes from mais and that you should take 1 to 3 tablets a day.
I am not so pleased to see that it looks the same as my old deferiprone pills, when it was made in the pharmacy and not by novartis. The shell contains gelatin and I usually do not take that. I find it super strange it contains gelatin, because they are doing like it's natural.

Do you think it's really IP6?
If yes;
Should I take it on an empty stomach?
How much should I take?

An other thing:
I have chosen to let them order this one, the cheapest. I paid €15 for 100 pills. The other option was 120 pills for €40.

Thank you in advance,

Dore

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Inositol question
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 08:13:51 AM »
Sharmin
[bgcolor=#ffffff]We did enquire about IP-6 at pharmacies, they don`t have it here. GNC has only Inositol, when I said that we needed was inositol hexaphosphate, first they said both were the same. How can they both be the same? It took some chemistry to explain the diff to them[/bgcolor]. It`s only then that they said KSA regulates the import of many natural supplements that was the reason they had so few products in that store compared to GNC stores in other countries. I have been pestering Hassan`s dad to get it via India. Recently he has become over protective about Hassan. My baby has been demanding roller skates for a couple of weeks now. He wants to go swrooooom like big sis. His dad is just giving lame excuses. What if he falls? Well, if he falls he will get up again. He is scared to give him any supplement which the doc doesn`t agree on. It is going to take some convincing but like always I am going to win this battle too.

maha

i hope it will help to understand :grin ...

Regards
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:35:25 AM »
Dore,

I don't think only Inositol can be IP6,as IP6 is inositol hexaphosphate,so you see there is a difference,inositol is a component in IP6 but not same as IP6.

Zaini.

^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »
Ok.

Now it will become part of my history, but never used. An useless thing, but it's ok. Atleast I tried to get it.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:02:10 AM »
for vomplete article : http://www.raysahelian.com/inositol.html
what is the difference between inositol products and IP6 item?

A. Inositol and IP-6 are different. IP-6, Inositol hexaphosphate, is also known as phytic acid and has been researched in terms of cancer prevention. To the best of my understanding, when inositol hexaphosphate is ingested in the diet, the body is able to cleave the inositol from the hexaphosphate part and use the inositol as needed. I am not sure how much of a difference there is in the mental or physical effects of taking an inositol supplement versus an IP-6 supplement.

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 01:41:24 PM »
Inositol is related to IP6 and will increase the effectiveness of IP6 when they are taken together, but is not a chelator on its own. Keep the inositol and if you find IP6, take them together.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dori

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 02:14:13 PM »
Hey friends,

I got a new product with inositol to treat my hair loss. I am not shedding, I am losing my hair very fast. I asked the pharmacy for a porduct. The nasty thing is that it contains600% vit C, but it contains 30000% vit B12.

Never tried, never success.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 03:44:50 AM »
Dore,

Hair loss is related to B-complex deficency, Zinc and vitamin A.

B-complex is better taken in the form of shots for better results as pills in this case don't have the required effect(It is a course for 3 months and has a tremendous effect on all body functions)

Please test for these levels in your body as i had the same problem

manal

Offline Dori

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 10:13:47 PM »
Thank you Manal
all my medical papers are downstairs because I started with sorting information to write my articals for the new magazine of thal&sicke cell disease (scd) organisation

what I remember is that my b12 was in low normal ranges, vit hasn't been tested and I'm noy sure about zinc. My doc hold me that there was (is) nothing we can do about it. However I will mention it at my next apo
pt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk