Tip for Parents

• 2 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Tip for Parents
« on: June 11, 2009, 02:01:40 AM »
Our children are always watching us.  It is essential to give value to our own health and well being, by doing this we are teaching our children to do the same.  We cannot expect our children to take care of themselves and to have a positive attitude toward their health if we neglect our own. 

I think that the challenge is to live our lives the way we want our children to live theirs.  I know that it can be difficult when we have a lot to deal with, but if we want to instill the will to be healthy and to live  - then we have to start with ourselves.  This is something that I am learning to do myself, and I hope that others will do the same. 

Much love to all parents, please don't forget your self worth even though your primary goal is to preserve the health of your loved ones. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline cherieann

Re: Tip for Parents
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:43:06 AM »
Oh Sharmin,
what a wonderful tip. You are so right in so many ways.
My father was a very sick man with his own health worries and by watching how he dealt with his health, I learnt that I could have a fulfilling life with my health issues too. He was a very happy and strong man that was never fazed by the daily needles, pills and urine tests. His philosphy was - you deal with what life has given you but you don't let it bring you down either.
My mother is a strong supporter of us both but she also believed that I could be whatever I wanted to be. I was nutured and supported through my life, but I was also taught to be self reliant.
I am who I am today by the examples my parents have set through talk and action.
So I really commend you Sharmin by what you have said and also by what I see through your posts.
We are truly lucky to have you here to give us advice.
Thalassaemia is a lifestyle not a burden.

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
Re: Tip for Parents
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:21:12 AM »
Quite a nice thought Sharmin....
We play an important role of a teacher in our childrens lives....
Not only the way we take care of ourselves but also how we help our child to cope with theirs matters...
And at times when the courage and strength falters we need to have a back up like this community to wipe off the tears and get up again....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk