how are you

• 32 Replies

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: how are you
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 08:49:19 AM »
Hi Jade ,
i m fit n fine .. n hope that you'll be fine n enjoying your life too .. :)
Thanx alot for your concern and sugestions, i m really thankful of you ... you're absolutely write at all, there is nothing wrong in you post :) ...

About Diabetes  condition : i mentioned on Facebook just a few moments ago , here's that statement :
BSL : on july-1st pre-dinner 188mg/dl aahh coming back to normal : on july-2nd pre-dinner 178mg/dl wow more improvement : on july-3rd pre-dinner 263mg/dl jumped back to high [sigh]...... trying my level's best , so I decided not to worry abt it ...

About leafy vegetables : green, leaf vegetables  are rich iron vegies (eg. saag dont know wat its called in english  :wink ) , well i will think about it again bcoze as many of thalpal members has said that body cant absorb much iron from vegetables and fruits .... i m avoiding all kind of foods that made of potatos and also avoiding bananas  , there is a big list of food which i m avoiding , i just on regular diet (wheat flour's bread [called "Roti" here, and that is most simple form of bread) with normal home made meals,  no anything else , no fruits ( now a days ) , no baked food nothing else ....  i think , this is my schedule that is creating probleme , i think i have to make a routine and time table for meals that will fix this probleme .... i m trying to make that and i will do that ASAP .... yeah, i dont know abt chouchou , if that is not something like blueberry (that grows in america but not here ) then that will be available here with different name  :wink  ..

once AgainThanx alot Jade for such a usefull information , i wil try to eat more vegies than rice  :wink ( though rice has considered as high sugar food but its sumthing of my favourities :grin )

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Emby

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 10:24:10 AM »
salaam umair,

am praying for you...you are a good person...with a big heart....am sure with focus and determination you will manage to get things in control just as you did with your ferritin levels.
may Allah make it easy for you.

emby 

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 01:49:14 PM »
WA-ALYI-KUM-AS-SALAAM Emby ,
i m  fine tby the Grace of God and bcoze of the prayerz of you all ..  Thanx alot for the compliments , your compliments mak'e me Happy , like this :) and i m sure that it will help in controling diabetes  ( Logic : if sadness and tension can make diabetes worsen then surely happines and good mood can help controling ) ....  yeah, i m feeling Blessed in Fe's case , i m really blessed by Almighty GOD , otherwise it was impossible to controle that in such that  much short time ( i heard it took 36 months to get Fe in normal range in case of some people ) soo m really blessed and m lucky and hope that will remain lucky in case of diabetes as well as i have been in Fe ...  Thanx for the prayerz  , i really apreciate and like it when someone pray's for me ....  m praying for you and all other thal's parents, and ptients too :) ,,,..... Lots of Regards for both of your kidz :) ....

Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »
Hi all,
gues wat's up with me now a days ....  on my last Tx (18th of aug) i told the admin that i will come again for another Tx just a day bfore Ramazan ( mean's after 4 days of my last Tx = 22 of aug ) bcoze of a lil bit low hb ( between 8-9) and admin said "u wil get blood when-ever u come , so  dont worry about that and come for tx when-ever u want " ...  but then i canceled my plan to get an extra Tx bfore Ramazan bcoze i won't to go , and since then Tx date is being post poned , its 2nd of Sep and No Tx since 18-aug , i dont know why .. i dont know why m feeling like that , i dont know why m feeling a lil sad ,  aches in right side of tummy around liver and gallblader , and in chest too ... iron is under controle then why these aches r soo often ?? .... m  always dealing with troubles :)  ..  i m feeling like i m no more interested in my health and reading the stuff online abt thalasssemia and taking care of my self after reading that stuff ... that's the reason why i m coming less online on this site  now a days  ...

Today ,
when i was taking my medicine i had 1 to swallow and 1 to chew  ( chew 1 is calcium 400mg + vit-d and vit-e is to swallow ) i swallowed the calicium 1 and then when i saw vit-e  capsule on my table when i looked to take 2nd med i got to know i swalllowed calcium one , since then i m worried ...

it feels like my brain is exhausted doing these things ... feeling like , a man with no goals to achieve ... feeling like ------------------------  dont know wat i m feeling .. confused.... really soo much confused abt myself ... 

i think, i never been like this ever bfore .... sigh :D ... did u felt this tooo ??? or i m alone who think's that i never been this much confused ever bfor  ???

Regards
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline jade

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »
Hi Umair

Yes, I noticed that recently you have not been your usual happy and outgoing self.

Quote:
aches in right side of tummy around liver and gallblader , and in chest too ...

Did you tell your doctor about these aches? If not you should do so as soon as possible.
Are the aches ongoing or do they come and go and come again?
Do you usually maintain a continuously low hb or do you transfuse regular enough to maintain a good hb?

Quote:
when i was taking my medicine i had 1 to swallow and 1 to chew  ( chew 1 is calcium 400mg + vit-d and vit-e is to swallow ) i swallowed the calicium 1 and then when i saw vit-e  capsule on my table when i looked to take 2nd med i got to know i swalllowed calcium one , since then i m worried

You should not be too worried.  It happens to most of us.  At times we may get tired of keeping count of things that have to be done on a daily basis.  I also forget lots of things not only medicine and I have found a way not to miss important things,dates etc, I use a planner.  For the calcium make a habit of always taking it first ie chew and then take pills which you need to swallow.  If you do it in the same sequence everyday(eg chew first and then swallow), you won''t even need to think before doing it.  This is how I also operate, I create sequences which become automatic after some time.  I hope what I have written is not too confusing.  I hope it helps too.

Quote:
. m  always dealing with troubles

It is difficult to keep battling on a daily basis but you are a courageous young person and you have shown that you can fight and win, look at the ferritin.  You have won the greatest and most difficult battle, now you just have to keep the momentum, you can do it.  Discuss all your troubles with us.  You also have good doctors looking after you, make use of their valuable services also, discuss with your doctor as you usually do.  A solution will soon crop up for your aches once the reason for them is known.  Do not let yourself down and do not let us down.

Hope to see you cheer up soon.

You are very important for all of us here.

May Allah give you good health.
Take care
Jade.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 03:09:46 PM »
Umair,

I can understand what you are feeling,and its not only you,we all get exhausted in life at times,suddenly everything becomes so much and we wish we don't have to face it anymore,i can understand,but the thing is bro,life goes on,and we have to pick ourselves and dust it off,because thats the way to live,nobody is all energetic and bubbly all the time,everybody get their fair part of depression in life,so don't worry,it will pass on.

But do try to keep your hb on normal level,as i don't have any scientific evidence to it,but this is my experience that when my hb goes low i become more and more depress,everything starts looking bleak.

Andy,

Are there any supplements that can help with depression? or any deficiency that can lead to it?

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 03:28:39 PM »
Umair, 

You do have many tasks and goals - taking care of yourself and doing all of the wonderful things you do for people on this site.  How many people around you have such close connections with people all over the world?  Vitamin D deficiency and omega 3 imbalance can cause feelings of depression, and as Zaini said low hemoglobin can cause you to feel down too. 

Even on days that you feel down it is a good idea to have ideas of things you want to do during that day to make each day count.  I am sorry to hear about your aches and pains, have you been check for stones?  Have you had your vitamin D levels checked?  Vitamin D deficiency causes aches and pains too. 

Take good care and keep us posted,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »
Every time I hear the word depression, my first thought is get your vitamin D level checked. It is a very likely cause. I think a level of 30 is really required for normal parathyroid function so work on getting the level up.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »
Umair,

Please do listen to Andy and get your Vitamin D levels checked.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Kathy11

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »
Dear Umair.
I'm thinking of you and I pray you get stronger and back to your jolly self soon.

remember you are a champion lol

Much love from Kathy :hugfriend :hugfriend

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 06:11:38 AM »
Edited } i know that nobody gonna read this completely, even the people named in this post those people will also not read this copletely hahahhahahhahahha .....

@ Jade
Hi ya, how  ru ... i m fine now and i hope i will never feel like i felt a few days ago ,, the issues have been settled , the thing which was piching my mind i have kicked those things out of my mind and the people who thorughed those in my mind i have planed to kick them too if they ever try to do this again with me ...  there was a few issues which was behind all this , but i think it will be better to forget them instead of sharing those baseless issues ,, it was an emotional bad patch :grin i was super fine , i was happy and then a few things happened to me one after one , and i started feeling bad ....it was a mix up of a few  bad experience .... i went my thal center for Tx yesterday after 18 days ( usualy i go for Tx after 11-13 days ), I got a fresh blood bag of 4-September .... bfore that i had flu, fever, sore throat, and light cough ...  but now i m fine and no flu fever and sore throat probleme ...
Are the aches ongoing or do they come and go and come again??
those aches r less now ,, it was come and go kind of patter of aches ... and some time slow heart beat and light heart beat....
Do you usually maintain a continuously low hb or do you transfuse regular enough to maintain a good hb
on 18 august Tx , my pre-Tx Hg  was 9 ...  and on this Tx on 4th-September, my pre-Tx Hg was 8.3 ... usually i keep it above 9 (pre-Tx)... my plan is t o keep it above 10 and i will start working for this just after ramazan .. though i have no probleme with like blood shortage , center Admin has offered me to come and have Tx whenever i want .. but i would like to this after Ramazan ..
your sequence of taking medicine is gr8, Jade ...  actully , my sequence is to take osteocare ( tablets to swallow ) and first and then chewable tablet in the end... the day i did it worng actully i thought i have to take calcium tablet i was thinkig that i have to take calcium tablets first ( as i always take osteocare the calcium tablets first and then other medicine and then in the end chew tablets ) it was in my mind that i m taking osteocare and i picked up th chewable onezz and  that happened .. anyways i m happy bcoze i experienced nothing bad bcoze of wat wrong i did ... :grin .....
It is difficult to keep battling on a daily basis but you are a courageous young person and you have shown that you can fight and win
AAAhhhhh....sigh.... jade , fight on daily basis is more dificult than fighting once but with full efforts .... it is easy for me to keep pump with me 48 hours and a lil more than that , instead of giving 2 hours daily for 24 days ... i hope i explained my point of view ... i would like to run hard my half life and reach the chair and then rest my other half of life instead of walking slowly slowly all my life...  sighhhhhhhhh........... sometimez life looks so hard to live ... anywayz , we have to lie , wat else we can do... i m not gonna live the life like a prisoner of life , i would definitely chose the way to battle with life to live the life as i want .. i  m not gonna give up , b sure, i m not gonna give up , and the reallity is now at this stage i cant give up, it will b more hard to go back to where i came so, its my complusion now to stay where i m .. so, b sure i always b with you all ... i m not going anywhere  and not going to give up ...

hey yaaaa !!, how was my come back speech ?? :grin ...  
----------------------------
@Zaini
suddenly everything becomes so much and we wish we don't have to face it anymore
Ya sis, exactly , i do agree to the quote that i mentioned above and to all wat u has said ... it was exactly sumthing like u mentioned in your post ,,, i was feeling exaustedto all the things mediicines and all this kind of stuff ad my routine boring life ...
But do try to keep your hb on normal level,as i don't have any scientific evidence to it,but this is my experience that when my hb goes low i become more and more depress,everything starts looking bleak
yesterday i had a Tx and now i m here , backa again on forum , wat more prove you need  Sis,  :grin ... you're absolutely right Sis,  Hg does matter ... low Hg could lead you to behave like angry young man/women ,,,,
----------------------------
@Sharmin
Vitamin D deficiency and omega 3 imbalance can cause feelings of depression,
Sis, i m on osteocare plus pack instead of simple osteocare se august-22 , you can see  details about that on osteocare's site ...  about vit-D , i never been tested for that and we can't ignore these facts  ...
have you been check for stones?  Have you had your vitamin D levels checked?
dont know about about vit-d levels , as i never been tested for that ... but for stone , my doctor prescripted me 2 tablets chewcal  calcium with 2 talets Osteocare (osteocare and chewcal both per tablet contain's 400mg calcium------------ osteocare 800mg calcium + 800 chewcal calcium ) , but i had concerns abt that , i was feared of posibility of calcium stones bcoze of this much high dose , thats why i added only 1 chewcal tablet ( mean's that i was taking 800mg calcium on daily basis and 1200mg calcium on alternate days ) .... so,  when first time i felt tummy ache i thought it could b gallbladder pain but then i realized that it was bcoze of fried things i was eating  those days ...
------------------------------------
@Andy
i m back again to eat your brain and to make mistakes, Buddy ...... i will soon get my Vit-D level checked ....
ZAINI,
sure, Sis... i will soon check get it checked ...
@ Kathy
Hi ya Kathy, ,, nice to c u back in action ... my pic is still waiting for your comments :grin ... hahahahha ... i m not gona let any single one to go without comenting on my Pic .... :grin  ... let me check my contact list to anounce who i will say to comment next after you ;)  :wink :grin .... ( Andy , m not saying this to forum members , these r messeger contacts :grin ... ) ...... dont mind Kathy , if u feel that i did smething wrong mentioning this here then let me know, i will edit this post  ... :grin

ok ya all thanx alt for always eing there for me to make me feel better and to make me a happy guy back again ..  Thanx for your support ... without the support of you people it was nearly impossible to find lost happy Umair , and to achieve the goals i achieved in last 15-16 months ... i really got my life back in these 16 months ... thanx ya all , thanx ya my E-Family ...

lots of good wishes
and Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

So, Finally , i m back again...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 06:21:45 AM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline jade

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 08:00:16 AM »
Hi Umair

It is good to have you back to your happy old self.  Difficulties are part of life, this is what makes us feel alive.  You know there is a saying :

An 90 year old man broke a mirror.  Another man told him:this would bring you 7 years of bad luck.  The old man was elated: thank God i will live for 7 more years.

You see living is the most important thing and not the difficulties.  You grow with these difficulties even if at the moment you feel down.This is when friends are needed for support. 

Nice to see that you are back and in good health.  You should definitely try to maintain your hb and do not forget your chelation and nutrition.

Take care
Jade

Kathy11

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 10:46:11 AM »
Hi Umair.
I think I like you better when you didnt type :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

You must undestand that I'm a bit slow,I dont have a clue what pic????????? you talking about. ??? ??? ???

Really,,,,,,,   I'm happy you are better and back to your cheeky self : :hugfriend :hugfriend
Kathy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 04:40:33 PM »
Umair,

So good to know that you have gotten over the rough patch and that you are ready to face your routine again:)  It's great to have you back.  Lil A is currently taking Osteocare and 1000IU of vitamin D - he is probably getting 2000IU of vitamin a day.  As an adult thalassemia I think that you should be taking at least this much - because you are likely to be deficient.  However, it will be a good idea to have your levels checked first.  Do you take an omega 3 supplement?  This would be very helpful to you as well. 

Wishing the best always,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 10:48:52 AM »
Hi Umair,

I haven't been a good friend, have I? I planned to be a lot on msn, forums and just online, but illness destroyed my plans. This week is gonna be my hardest week for a long, long time.Then I need 2 weeks to catch up everything what's left now, before I will return fully a bit more online again.
Anyway, I am glad you feel better now. And remember: you are a good person! You helped me a lot last year with giving me the right information, technical help and some homework. I am not the perfect student, but I work on that!  :smiley

Happy Ramadan!!!

:hugfriend

Dore
p.s. I don't forget: you did win our chelation Olympic games  :wink

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk