Ferriprox-exjade combination therapy

• 154 Replies

Offline Emby

Re: Ferriprox-exjade combination therapy
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2016, 06:30:59 PM »
Well done to Little Miss A and you as a family. :heartpink

It may be something to take into consideration the amount of blood being transfused per transfusion resulting on the decision to carry on chelating even if it is a few days.

Everyone dealing with what each one faces the best they can.

It's always good to learn about individual experiences. Still learning. Thank you Canadian Family.

:heartred

Offline Dori

« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2016, 06:50:02 PM »
I have always been the proponent of stopping chelation at low levels (300-500). I floated this idea some years back and received strong rebuttal from some respectable members. Our daughter Little Miss A has had numerous vacations from exjade in the last 9 years or so and she is doing fine.

Best of luck Dori and keep healthy.

Thank you Canadian Family. My latest fe report is much higher (again) so I must start with chelation (again). I just have a hard time with it. So I embrace the fact that your daughter has vacations. I think it is better - emotionally wise. Well, I will stay around and tell you how my chelation will work out this time. Happy summer! (Little miss A might not be so little anymore, isn't it?!!!) [I also posted a question about calcium treatment. Maybe you have some wisdom with me to share? :) Thank you in advance! ]

« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2016, 05:32:15 PM »
Thanks for your kind words.

Little Miss A is turning 13 soon. Vacation from chelation should be done under doctor's advise. If it does not work in your particular situation, I would continue with it.

In general, we are all working towards common goal or removing excess iron.

Good Luck to all.
Regards.

Offline Dori

« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2016, 09:51:48 AM »
Confession:
My fe is above 1000 and I need to restart my chelation soon.
I guess I need some motivation!

Offline Dori

« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2016, 04:24:17 PM »
Hello,
From the first of January only Exjade tablets will be on the market. The now Exjade line production stops. So my questions are:
How much mg/kg do you use for moderstor iron chelation?
How muhch Exjade dp you need when you use this combination therapy?

This combination therapy was officialy recognized and approved in the beginning of this year in my country!!!

Thank you!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk