In Memory of Thoa

• 13 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
In Memory of Thoa
« on: July 21, 2009, 03:28:20 AM »
With extreme sadness I must announce the passing of Thoa (tee-hoa in the group). She had joined this group one year ago and had talked about problems she had with diabetes. After re-reading her posts and seeing how high her ferritin levels had been and still were, I realize that even at her young age of 21, she was in great danger. She succumbed to heart failure on May 2, 2009.

I wish we could have done more for her but her last time she signed in was August 5 last year. A trip to a Comprehensive Care Center would have been of great value, as would have been the approval of Ferrirpox in the US. I hope young patients will learn something about the importance of complete chelation compliance from this tragedy.

I spoke to Thoa on the phone once and she was a very sweet and giving person who wanted to donate some desferal. I am very saddened by her passing.

:sorrow  :sorrow  :sorrow
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: In Memory of Thoa
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 05:24:38 AM »
What heart breaking news.  Rest in peace Thoa :(

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 06:33:36 AM »
Rest in peace  :sorrow :sorrow
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 09:54:27 AM »
I am very sad to hear about Thoa's passing. We never met on the forum, but we are all family through those diseases. Rest in Peace, xxx

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 07:18:44 PM »
Rest in peace.
Regards.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 09:36:30 PM »
its really sad to hear this , May her soul rest in peace ...

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 03:45:42 AM »
Yes Andy, i remember her very well :sadyup MAy God give strength to her family and friends. Rest in peace :sorrow :sorrow

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 08:57:34 AM »
Last night when i was reading this all i was trying to recall if i know her or not , and now a moment ago i realised that i know her .. she was the 2nd diabteic thalasssmic on a diabetes forum . first one was Sajid  who sugested a diabetes site to me when i was asking about diabetes here on thalpal ... and 2nd one thalpal member we met there was Thoa , Sajid got to knoww that first that she is a thalpal member as well .. so, we three was thalpal members there to get knowledge abt diabetes ... there when we talked abt thals and diabetes we came on point that thal need's more insulin than normal person, to controole diabetes , as M , Sajid and Thoa  all was on high doses ...  now m feeling more bad , i hope you people can understand why  :-\  May her soul rest in peace ....

Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »
hello,

I am Thoa's sister and I thank you all for your support, ever since Thoa passed away it has had alot of impact on me and everyone else. That was how I became a member of this website. I never knew that this website existed and with all the info that I have been reading I wish I knew this back then. Only if i can go back in time. Lets just say my family and I was not well informed about Thals major or about thals period. Now I am helping myself to be more informed so I can help others to be informed somehow. Losing a loved one is the hardest feeling anyone can ever experience. Thanks again everyone..
Take care of yourselfs...

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 09:31:05 PM »
jhjmle3,

My heart goes out to you and your family.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Please lean on us when you need to during this difficult time.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 01:59:27 AM »
Dear jhjmle3

It is a pleasure having you as a member here in the site. I know that no words can ease your pain, but i am really proud that you are able to direct your grief in a positive attitude which is helping and informing others. I am sure that Thoa is so proud of you as well as all of us here.

As Sharmin said, we are always here when ever you want to talk or ask anything.  :hugfriend

My sincere condolences to you and the family

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 10:08:44 AM »
Dear Jhjmle,

Accept my sincere condolences,we can understand your pain,we have lost friends from this forum before,plz know that you are really welcome here  :hugfriend.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 10:17:16 AM »
dont know wat to say more, all have said by Manal Zaini & Sharmin , all wat i can say that  , i agree with all and welcome to you here .. and i really really respect and like your positive decision of helping other ...  we all r here for you and will help you whenever u need that , just let us know whenever you need some help we will try our level's best ....

Umair

===========
Umair

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »
hello,

Once again I would like to Thank You all for your support..... I will learn more and more from this website that I will benefit and soon be able to inform others. THanks guys

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk