Bush Vetoes Stem Cell Bill

• 17 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Bush Vetoes Stem Cell Bill
« on: July 20, 2006, 03:22:44 AM »
This is an issue that was very important and emotional to Lisa. She told me very plainly that in her view, one man was blocking research that could possibly provide a cure for herself and all thals. In spite of lobbying by both Nancy Reagan and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bush exercised the veto for his first time in office on a bill that would have allowed research using discarded embryos from fertility clinics. These embryos will never become humans, as they are basically by-products of processes like in vitro fertilzation (which, by the way,  is sometimes used by thal moms to conceive). Once the woman is pregnant, the remaining embryos are discarded. However, to certain voters, this becomes the abortion issue and Bush has chosen to pander to these voters, rather than allow research that may someday cure a host of different illnesses and genetic disorders, such as thal. The logic behind his supposed stand makes no sense, as the alternative is to throw the embryos out, rather than to allow their use in this research that is passing the US by. Instead of being world leaders in research to help people, the US has become the leader in finding ways to destroy humans in other lands (how does this fit with this bogus respect for life stance of this president and his supporters)?

Yes, I am mad, and if Lisa was still alive she would also be very angry about this continued refusal to allow the research that could make a difference to so many people suffering from so many conditions. Americans, please wake up and stop falling for this transparent pandering that this man does. Call your representatives and Senators and demand they they vote to override this veto! And when you vote in congressional elections this Novemever, please keep this in mind and vote for those who promise to allow research that could save so many people's lives.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Poirot

Re: Bush Vetoes Stem Cell Bill
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 04:13:13 AM »
Andy,

Thanks for posting on this. I was going to write on this, too, but you were way ahead. It is a shame that President Bush has vetoed this important bill. And I hope that Americans will lobby to reverse this decision.

Poirot

Offline Nur

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 05:25:43 AM »
Hi,

I guess i am not alone in this subject. When I first read the news on the internet, I couldn't understand it completely what is being said because my english is not that good. But reading it make me feel that this is not a good news.

I am very upset too if the stem cell or any other method of research that involve genetics disorder being put away. It is unfair if we were not being able to at least have the opportunity to know more about the possible ways to finding a cure. I feel so angry if research can't be done because of some decision that are made by peoples who does not understand the needs and the seriousness genetics disorder can be.

this is what happens if the technology is believed to be put to wrong use. If only the world is led by sincere people....

Nur :candle

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 06:39:13 AM »
I think the Prez is watching too many sci-fi movies like "The 6th Day" and is worried that someday clones (of terrorists) might take over the world and ruin his own plan of dominance!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 06:41:47 AM »
 :rotfl
Andy

Offline Ironman

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 02:09:16 PM »
Big big suprice. Its good for mankind therefor he MUST stop it :mad...

Lets start another war bushie-boy!
Fight yourself, before you fight others!

Offline Irishcrm

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 04:24:14 PM »

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 06:13:02 PM »
Thanks Irish  :wink
Andy

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 02:57:25 AM »
My voice with you Andy and with all thalasimic who call for treatment by stem cells  :dunnoi don't know WHY one persone control all the world what he think his self ? he is real sulfish ... the stem cells CURE my CHILD am realy angry  :mad i said to my self when my boy born in 1996 this is my distany i have to fight for thalassimic that is it ....
    Andy let start our WAR and NOW. lets fight for our children and our freinds right ..
       what the hell is going on they care to make war and killing and try the new wepons on other lands i wish am a mirecan to let Bush know who i am.
 pls Andy if you have any phone number for Bush just pass it to me  :mad :mad :mad i'll show you what am going to do....
                           YOUR small brother KHALIFA
RED_PILOT

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 05:41:12 AM »
Don't worry Mr. Khalifa, the F.B.I is probably reading this thread for him :wink. He will get the news soon enough that half the planet doesn't like his a plans.
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 05:55:39 AM »
Sajid,
It has to be more than half the planet. More like 90%.
Andy

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 06:03:02 AM »
This is a joke and I am happy to delete it if it offends anyone

The Code:

After numerous rounds of "We don't even know if Osama is still alive," Osama himself decided to send George Bush a letter in his own handwriting to let him know he was still in the game.

President Bush opened the letter and it appeared to contain a single line of coded message:
                                 370H-SSV-0773H.

Bush was baffled, so he e-mailed it to Condoleezza Rice. Condi and her aides had not a clue either, so they sent it to the FBI. No one could solve it at the FBI so it sent to the CIA, then to NASA.  Eventually they asked Britain's MI-6 for help. Within a minute MI-6 cabled the White House with this reply: "Tell the President he's holding the message upside down."

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 06:21:51 AM »
 :rotfl
Andy

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
Is this a real Panadol ad?
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 06:48:59 AM »
Is this a real Pandaol ad? If not, then it could make a great one!

Click Here-Panadol
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 05:14:27 PM »
Morals or political expediency?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060722/ap_on_go_co/democrats_stem_cells

WASHINGTON - A Colorado congresswoman said Saturday that
President Bush was motivated by "cold, calculated, cynical political gain" when he vetoed a bill that would expand federal funding for embryonic stem cell research."The president's veto had nothing to do with morals," Rep. Diana DeGette, D-Colo., said in the Democrats' weekly radio address, but instead "the kind of politics that snuffs out the candle of hope and that condemns the disabled and the sick."...DeGette said the embryos used would not be those that would have been for in-vitro fertilization but those that would be considered medical waste. "It makes more sense to allow them to be donated to give life and health to people in need," she said.

Tens of thousands of embryos are discarded annualy. These could instead be used for research into cures for a multitude of illnesses and genetic disorders. How is tossing them in the trash preferrable, Mr Bush?
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk