One Year follow up

• 20 Replies
Re: One Year follow up
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 11:07:33 PM »
Hi Sharmin,

(just catching up now).

We are thrilled to hear that Little A is doing good. The iron level is at good level, so I heard that iron level of 700 is optimal for thal patients (i.e. neither too high or too low). As for the antibodies are concerned, I concur with Andy's idea. Best of luck.

Hi Zaini,

Sorry I have been out of touch, what is Little Z SGPT level. Elevations of SGPT, an enzyme found within the liver cells, indicate that the liver cells are either leaky (internal contents are entering the blood) or damaged. There are some drugs that may also increase SGPT. I am not sure what cause the increase in SGPT in Little Z, is it due to Desferal or Exjade?.

Little Z, as I know is a healthy child so I can only guess it is a drug induced problem.

Thanks

Regards.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 05:29:40 AM »
Thanks for your advice Sharmin,i have completely stopped asunra now and i'll wait for a week or so before testing again,thanks for your input because sometimes everything gets so confusing that it becomes hard to decide whats better and whats not  :hugfriend.

Canadian Family,

Thanks a lot for your input,Lil Z's SGPT level was very very high,231,and yes it seems like its drug induced as she is on asunra aka exjade,thanks for explaining SGPT too,because when ever i asked a doc about that they just say it indicates liver function,no details,your explaination helped me understand it better,i am just praying that this situation will resolve soon and we won't have to quit asunra altogether.

I hope Lil Miss A is doing fine  :hugfriend.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 05:32:55 AM »
Zaini,

One week off won't cause a problem, especially if you concentrate on the antioxidants. I know many thals who take a chelation vacation when they go on trips. Sometimes it's good to give the body and psyche a break.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 06:11:05 AM »
Thanks Andy,

I have increased her dose of IP6.

^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 12:42:04 PM »
sorry, i cant read complete thread ... :grin its too long na !! ... best of luck to  lil-A and Lil-Z and all other...

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 06:11:06 PM »
Thanks Umair  :hugfriend

^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk