Lets share our hobbies...

• 60 Replies

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
Lets share our hobbies...
« on: September 18, 2009, 05:56:56 AM »
Hello everyone....
Why not learn a little more about each other....maybe we can start with our hobbies....
Me personally, I like to write-mostly poetry sometimes prose. I love music and also watch movies-mostly a sucker for romance....!I like to read too, but here have a limited choice of English literature!
These days am beginning to take a keen interest in cooking and guess am doing a good job of it! And yeah I love meeting people and making new friends and learning something new from them!
Do write in....
Take care.
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Lets share our hobbies...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 03:17:51 PM »
Hmmm... Hobbies  :wink I love reading books,everything or anything,internet is like a contact for me with outside world,its like a wonderland for me,and i get lost in it like Alice did in wonderland  :biggrin and now a days i have a new hobby which i am obsessed with,and you know what i am talking about so i am not gonna mention it here  :wink.

Other then that,i am a house wife,mother of two,so i won't say cooking is exactly my hobby  :rotfl it used to be once,like i used to write once,both poetry and prose,but gone are the days now....

Hope i didn't bore you  :rotfl

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »
Not at all bored Zaini...
I just thought that this way we can all share aspects of our life other than the usual tests,levels,tensions, stresses...like Gaurav has said in one of his introductory posts that thal is just one aspect of our lives and we as a family are here to share more than just that, right?
....waiting for others to write in too...
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Lena

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:11:28 PM »
Madhavi,

a good idea indeed.

Well, I like reading a lot--which is why I became a translator of Arabic Literature. In fact I combined my two favourite pastimes - reading literature and learning foreign languages - and after retiring from the bank I started a second carreer, that of a translator. In Greece, there is a State Law for people with thalassaemia: they can retire after 15 years of service and get a full pension. That's what I did and now I occupy myself more creatively.

Apart from that, I love travelling, going out with one or two special friends - but that's that, I am not very social -  going on an excursion, watching theatre and of course writing in this site -- that' s
something I have been following for the last two years and I am happy for it.<Thanks, Andy!>

Lena.

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »
Hobbies? I don't have time for them ;-(. I'll think about what my hobbies were in the past. All I can that reading was the hobbie I used to do the most.

Goodnight Everyone!!

Kathy11

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 11:10:30 PM »
To Lena.'

Thank-you for putting forward this topic (hobbies)

I like to cook . :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl of course eating is one of my "hobby" .ooops.but now. I have to becarefull ,I still do it but in on lesser scale :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I love gardening, I grow my own herbs and salades and some flowers because I likes fresh flowers on the table

I enjoy walking around the river  during winter  and on the beach in summertimes.

Readings.I like to keep up with current social issues and socialing with friends

Movies.I like comedy and drama.I like and colllect  all kind of music my fevorite is Jazz.

I collect small teddybears.

Surfing web-sites is another of my persuit :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl.

I also do some sewing mostly to decorate my little unit where I live.I recently made some curtains its hanging nicely :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

All the above is done when Im not in pain.I try to make the most of my life.
Kathy

Offline jade

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 01:24:11 AM »
Hi there
This topic is a really good idea. 

I have two and a half hobbies.

One is reading, I love reading, I get lost in the book, I live other lives.  I used to read a lot as an adolescent and I still read a lot, I starve for a book sometimes.
Another is gardening which I started during my adolescence too, like Kathy I also try to grow my own things, easier for flowers but more difficult for vegetables(because I do not use pesticides at all). So in front of my house there are flowers and in my backyard, there are herbs, chillies, strawberries and some green leafy vegetables. I also like having fresh flowers on my table but when they grow in my garden I do not have the heart to cut them, so for my tables, I end up buying.

The half hobby is walking.  I say half because I enjoy doing it but nowadays, I do not have the time.  Like Kathy I too enjoy walking on the beach, I want to walk as far as it leads me.  I used to do it with my father but since I got married, I stopped since my husband does not like walking at all and the beach we now go to is very small.  I am waiting for the kids to grow up a bit to start that over again.  The feel of the sand under the feet and the water splashing against the ankle, there's nothing like it.

As Zaini said for cooking,  it was also a hobby for me in my adolescent years but now that I have to do it everyday, it is not a hobby anymore.  But I enjoy coming up with new recipes, I go to restaurants for that reason.  I try to reproduce what I enjoyed there and this is how I get new recipes.  But I won't classify this as a hobby.

Jade

Offline Ironman

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 05:27:44 AM »
Soccer

Martial Arts

Swiming

Reading

BF2!

Aaaaaand many other things!
Fight yourself, before you fight others!

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »
I forgot one of my hobbies  :biggrin and i think its every women's secret hobby  :biggrin guess what ??   :wink.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 02:49:10 AM »
I have a couple of guesses....
1)Shopping-but it couldnt be a secret!
2)Mirror gazing-possibly....
3)Window shopping-could be a part secret!
4)Dreaming of modelling or something as glamorous...
Suddenly I have a feeling that maybe it may not be any of these...so will stop guessing!Lol
Love and luck to all...

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 04:33:27 AM »

Hmm..... nice topic you started, anyway as for me reading books as well, cooking and watching movies on big screen ( movie theatres) I also love surfing the net and eating lol!  :wink
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline Lena

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 04:58:46 AM »
What about gossiping,Zaini?
I do not want to be rude but some women love it.

Kathy11

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »
Hi Lena

Hobbies are suppose to make one happy , to have an interest of some kind:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl where as gossips can bring on stress , accompany with lots trouble at time :  :tantrum :tantrum :tantrum :tantrum :tantrum :tantrum ,but some might say its harmless ,I suppose it depand on what type.

If a woman has hobbies she hasn't got time for gossips :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
this is my point of view some may defer

Kathy

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »
Gossiping I guess is more of a habit than a hobby, right?
Its nice to read about such varied hobbies here...
Reading about your gardening bits, I could almost imagine your houses with the lovely yards...I wish I had such a house and such a blessing with gardening...I remember I had tried my hand at growing stuff when in school but was an utter disaster...so I stopped it!
Walking is a good thing too-can be a lot of things at the same time-sharing time with someone or even oneself,admiring the scenes around or plain reflecting about life! But these days one is confined by many things like time or commitments to be able to devote time to things like that!
And about writing in at this site and being here daily is more like an addiction than a hobby what say guys?
Nice to know about you all....
Love and luck to all...

Kathy11

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 11:38:09 AM »
ok  ok I'm addicted to this message board :wub :wub :wub

Manojmass    one can still have a small garden even if one don't have a yard,   one can grow stuff in pots, on the balcony.one need to have the passion for gardening without it ,it wouldnt work  :biggrin

you are funny, thank for the laugh :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Please Zaini    :faint2 :faint2 :faint2 :faint2stop the guessing game please tell us I would like to know
take care Kathy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk