Lets share our hobbies...

• 60 Replies

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
Re: Lets share our hobbies...
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 01:16:14 PM »
My passion for pots and plants is not as much as that for pots and pans I guess...so I would rather stick to cooking for now...I tried the plant growing bit in pots and ground and balcony too but I just seem to have that 'touch' which is more like the 'touch me not' for plants I think! ...I am glad you could have a laugh!
Yeah...Zaini what is that secret hobby?...do tell us please please...
Love and luck to all...

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »
Sorry sorry sorry guys,its been so busy what with upcoming eid and everything, preparations going on and getting Mehendi (Henna) done  :biggrin and that's my favorite part.

Well, Madhavi's guess was right,i was talking about shopping,there is nothing better then retail therapy  :rotfl.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 06:28:21 PM »
i was talking about shopping,there is nothing better then retail therapy

And sometimes it becomes shock therapy for person paying for it  :rotfl :rotfl :grin
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline EMommy

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 08:49:32 PM »
My hobbies are
1.  the internet (or maybe it's an addiction)
2.  Shopping (maybe it's an addiction too)  The kids have wayyyyy too many clothes!
3.  Sports
Blessings,
Rebecca
Mom to 4- Two Beta Thal Major (chosen)

Kathy11

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 10:04:33 PM »
And sometimes it becomes shock therapy for person paying for it   

funny T@riq   :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 11:21:51 PM »
my hooby is to get bored in free time..........hahahahha :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :wink :wink :wink :biggrin :biggrin

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 06:12:06 AM »
Getting bored is a hobby tooo...that means you dont have much free time I guess, DJ!
Love and luck to all...

Offline Lena

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
I've just seen the messages -- I was away for a while --- and come on, guys "gossiping" was meant to be a joke but it didn't hit the target--well, next time.

Lena.

Offline cherieann

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 04:46:06 AM »
Hobbies.....Hmm... :idea
I suppose it would depend on my mood or attention. hehehe
I like having a vege garden and flowers in tubs, talking, reading, writing, spending time with loved ones, arts and craft, making flax flowers or gifts,  going to secondhand shops with my mum, roaming around with my mother, crocheting, animals, cross stitch, taking photos, making movies, learning new things and trying new techniques with computer programmes, being with my nieces and nephews, playing games (electronic or board), laughing, sharing and being happy. And IF there's a moment..... I like putting my feet up.
Thalassaemia is a lifestyle not a burden.

Offline Keep Smiling

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 01:47:06 PM »
this is really a nice idea..............

i m very glad to know that most of us here are book readers and i m feeling more comfortable here......................hmmmm :dunno :dunno

i have a number of hobbies but the most favourite is none other than ..... reading books!!!!

i can read every thing either it is of concern to me or not...........i can produce reading material for me wherever i go.......... i love to read novels and books during journey.
i can live without eating but cant live without reading books........... it 24/7 hobby for me!!!
and u know what is my favourite place for reading books????? it is a class room bcz it is pin drop silence there.... :rotfl :rotfl

and i love to read foreign writers apart from local Pakistani writers,,,,, i think reading is in my blood,,,

i also have some other hobbies but usually they fade soon... once i was too addicted to computer games.......but not now!
now i have a brand new hobby......... using the internet to know about thalassemia and reading this site...........

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »
What foreign writers have you read so far? i'd love to know,as i am an addicted reader too  :biggrin I am reading Peter James now a days.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 12:20:50 AM »
As for me, i like hand craft. I am engaged in candle making, used to do a lot of sculpture and pottery (no time for this now), reading (time is very limited now, i spend more time on internet).

I believe that hobbies are so important especially as one gets older and older

manal

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 02:09:40 AM »
Hi :D

Ballet, Tapp dancing , painting , cartoon charecter drawings of friends, shopping, nail  art annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddd 

GYM AND HAVING WEIRED ANIMALS AS PETS! :d
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

Offline Keep Smiling

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 09:52:35 AM »
i love to read Russian writers especially Feuder Dastofiski (pardon me w.r.t spellings), Talstai, Mekhail Sholokhof, now i m also intending to read Garcia Marquez

Offline Prets

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »
Just saw this thread today, let me see what I can share..   

(Did anyone notice that many thals have creative interests? Especially writing? I spend a lot of my time being tired, so my activities are generally slow!)

I am passionate about Dancing, its in my blood!
 :boogie

Only few minutes at a time. I love writing and reading, and anything creative - be it cooking, stitching, drawing, interior decorating, even minor household repairs -  :biggrin

I cant spend much time on the net - it gives me terrible headaches, but given the chance, I would read and interract with you all for hours on end!  :wub

I joke a lot once i get to know people, I am good at counselling too. I feel life is too short to spend in worries, and when I do see someone who is stressed, I try to step in and help comfort them. Humour works best for me, even at my worst! As a result its become a hobby - I enjoy making others laugh...   :happydance

Learning new things appeal to me - keeps the mind sharp and distracted too.   :wink  Today i was trying to see how fast I can read a newspaper upside down!

I love Sudoku - the puzzle. Its my usual late night hobby if i cant sleep due to some discomfort.

Hugging is a hobby too -----     :grouphug     

Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk