BMT of my 2 year Old Kid

• 21 Replies
Re: BMT of my 2 year Old Kid
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 09:19:27 AM »
today doctor told that due to low hb of 7.3 the kid needs blood transfusion.. will also do his chimerism to check percentage of donor cells.. its day plus 90..

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 04:16:16 AM »
Dear Kaleem,

just a quick question since i did not pick up the journey since the beginning, who was the donor and how much matching?

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 05:04:26 AM »
thanks fahed.. donor was his 10 year old elder sister and 100% HLA match.. he is taking Cyclosporine, Eltrombopag, Fluconazole, Acyclovir and one antibiotic.. no steroids...

Offline Syeda

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2020, 04:24:38 AM »
Hi Kaleem,
Wanted to check in how things are going with your child now after several months have passed- have things improved?

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 07:11:02 PM »
transplant was unsuccessful.. the kid is now dependent on blood transfusion again every 3 to 4 weeks.. he is otherwise fine but the stool color and composition is still not like it used to be pre-transplant.. are you planning for transplant?

Offline Himanshu Kumar

• Aditi
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2020, 04:16:33 PM »
Dear Kaleem,

Unfortunate that the BMT has been unsuccessful. Where did you get the BMT done. What was the reason behind failure, what was the chimerism % after transplant. And most importantly how is the child doing.

Regards,
Himanshu
Regular transfusion, Keeping pre transfusion HB above 10 and Iron Chelation are the three mantras for thals to stay healthy.

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 04:10:44 PM »
BMT was done at The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi Pakistan. During BMT kid got a very diarrhea which did not stop even at the time of discharge. Chimerism within one month of BMT was 95 percent. At the end of 3 months it declined to 21 percent. Doctors didn't say any specific reason. But based on our observation may be Gender missmatch. Because two other BMT at same hospital also failed, I noticed that donor and recepient were of opposite genders..

But I am not sure why it failed. Our kid is now otherwise completely active and fine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk