Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
Re: Mohanish and his transplant
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2009, 04:51:21 AM »
Hmmm....
Sorry I have lost the count...
I am out now because Masumi was missing me too much.
Mohanish still has some infection. It is under control now as per the doctors talks this morning. Today he is scheduled for a CT scan to check out his head/chest/abdomen.
His WBC had begun forming earlier than expected but were controlled and are now behaving normally i.e they also rose to the occasion of infection!
I will post in much more after the tests are done today.Have lots to share with you all,will put it all in later...
 He seems to be better and braver than us both...Mohanish is sure brave physically as well as mentally to be through it all...
Till then thanks again for your wishes and love. They really help us all....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2009, 05:41:20 AM »
Thanks Madhavi,

I am glad that Mo is doing well.  I hope that the infection clears soon.  I hope to read all of your updates soon.  Sending prayers and warm wishes to your family.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2009, 06:50:42 AM »
Glad to have an update from you :hugfriend Do take care and i hope everything will be fine soon.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline afaf el amoudy

« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2009, 08:10:44 AM »
Hope that Mohanish will be ok ,goodluck all of us praying for him
om Khadeeja

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2009, 11:13:03 AM »
Mo is in my prayers, will be waiting for the update :hugfriend

Much love to you

manal

Offline Dori

« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2009, 11:17:01 AM »
Thank you for the update.
My love to you all.
Dore

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »
Today, we got a CT scan and an Ultrasound done for Mo. Ultrasonologist said its normal. The CT guys will give us a paper-report tomorrow but as of today did not find anything 'bad' or problematic.
Mohanishs fever is controlled. He was up and playing with his toys and drawing in the evening. He had dinner-all of it, after almost 3 days. Manoj is much more stronger now than before...
I was thinking about you all a lot when I was inside. There was so much I wished I could have shared with you all...
I had some time to think, question things, wonder out to myself about many a decisions, rationalise things out, and much more...
It was nice to be in there-with Mo. Try to spend such time with him is something like a blessing in disguise. I realised how much we love each other and how well we vibe...I understood so much more of him and also how much strength he has physically and mentally.
I questioned myself about how good a mother I was to both my children. How some of the pain that they have gone through is something I have subjected to them knowingly in a way. Then I convinced myself that he is young enough(rather they both are...)to forget all this and remember only the good things later in life.
I saw such an excellent team of medical and assisting personnel in the ward. Despite being the only foreigner patient there, we were still made to feel so much 'at home'.
I was in awe of medicine as such because it can do so much more than even what we just dream of.
I was blessed to have my son in the able hands of his doctor, Dr.Li. Just seeing him makes us feel much more at ease. This morning he reassured me about the CT Scan saying, 'Dont worry'...I told him that I dont worry at all because they are all there to care for Mo. And honestly friends, I mean it.
Despite the fever, infection and whatever, something within me tells me that nothing can go wrong because he has such fantastic people looking after him...
When Mo became a little cranky/irritated at the attending staff(especially when they do the dressing for his central line), I told him a story...That when he prayed to God to help him, God said He would send His helpers since He cant come personally....so he had Masumi to start with, then Dr.Li, Dr. Wu, the junior doctors, the nurses, the 'aai's(maid/helpers)in the ward...He is a little more tolerant towards the staff now!
I was happy to see all the children being discharged and going home happier...
Of course there were 2 children who were not that lucky, but I just couldnt explain how I could deal with that and so looked at it all as a remote audience and tried to save myself from extra worries...
To those who were considering BMT. It is not an easy thing, although lot easier than what I had myself imagined it  to be. The worst thing in it all is seeing the child in pain and feel somewhat responsible for it. I dont know if I can say whether one should or should not go ahead with it...seeing the 10 out of the 12 in patients in good form does not necessarily make the other 2 disappear from the calculations...but hope and optimism always rule supreme and make us believe and do things which too much logic may not!
About us, our ordeal is not completely over yet. But most of the hurdles are crossed. As of now, the WBC are being formed. The platelets are not yet(they are the last to do so). The hemoglobin has been dropping since the last 2 days as also the RBC. The doctors did not worry much about that when I expressed my concern. They know much more than us for sure! :rolleyes ??? But one is always too keen all the same! So we disturb the doctors with our concerns oh so often and are always met with patient answers. It is not so easy for them, mind you, to do that especially when they have  to take extra time out to think out the answers in English!
Back to the positive note...
Your thoughts remained with me there and of course Zaini sent me her love through the message...Thank you guys...Manoj and I will be so lucky to have found so many loving friends-all at once....
Lots of love from all of us....to all of you....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Lena

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2009, 04:17:07 PM »
Madhavi,

I am really happy to hear that Mo is doing well. When I was 2,5 years old I was operated for splenectomy and these were the first images of me I bear in mind. Even though children remember after the age of 5 years, I remember myself at that age of 2 and a half, as images were too vivid to forget them. Now I try to contemplate how my life would have been, if that operation was a BMT instead of splenectomy and I really cannot grasp it. Mohanish will be lucky enough to live it. I wish the day will come when he gets out of hospital leaving behind any suffering and he will be among his loved ones with a brand new life. Really.

Lena. 

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2009, 12:33:44 AM »
I realised how much we love each other and how well we vibe...I understood so much more of him and also how much strength he has physically and mentally.
I questioned myself about how good a mother I was to both my children. How some of the pain that they have gone through is something I have subjected to them knowingly in a way. Then I convinced myself that he is young enough(rather they both are...)to forget all this and remember only the good things later in life.

Madhavi,
I am really so touched by your words and feelings, you are such a brave and woderful parent and i am sure your children will always be proud that you are their mum :hugfriend

manal

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2009, 12:56:40 AM »
Madhavi,

I want to mention that Chuck, who had a BMT last year, also had drops in Hb early on after the transplant and even needed a few transfusions. His Hb is now hovering around 9 or so, which isn't great but it's high enough to avoid transfusions. He was a thal minor and theoretically is no longer, but his Hb is lower now, after the BMT. So, what you're seeing in your son is quite normal in the aftermath of the BMT. You are also quite informed about the white blood cells. Indeed, this is a very good development and gives him some immune protection and also demonstrates that things are moving in the right direction.

I don't know if there's a more difficult decision a parent could make than the one regarding whether or not to have a BMT done on their child. It takes much courage and faith to make this decision and much strength to endure the whole process. You have done an admirable job through all of this and it's quite inspiring for any parent who knows you. Stay positive and resist any doubts. You can only go forward.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »
Madhavi,

I am sure Mo is gonna remember how and what you did for him,you and Manoj ofcourse,one day when he'll become a father himself he'll be more and more thankful to you,isn't that true that we realize how our parents must have felt and what they must have done when we become parents ourselves.

I am happy Mo is going strong and i am sure nothing bad will happen as so many people are praying for him :hugfriend .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Keep Smiling

« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2009, 01:28:50 AM »
its good to hear that Mo is doing good. ..........
Wish him best of Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2009, 05:35:38 AM »
Mos results of today are good. WBC on the normal rise. As also RBC and Hemoglobin. Platelets will take time as expected.
Manoj has caught cold and so I am going in again as per the doctors advice.....
Catch you later.....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk