Mohanish and his transplant

• 281 Replies

Offline Dori

Re: Mohanish and his transplant
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 08:49:14 AM »
Hey,

I haven't forgotten about your family. I noted it all in my agenda.

My love to you all,

Dore

Offline Prets

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »
Dear Madhavi,

My Prayers and Love with you Always, Keep us posted.

:-)
Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »
Day 5-
Again nothing out of the ordinary(ordinary as in the routine that has been somewhat established in these past few days!)
Mohanish cried a little when the dressing was done for the central line, but was again his usual bright/talkative self when I met him in the evening...
The highlight of the day was that I was surprised to know that his sister Masumi can come and see him...so surprised him with that and his reaction was what made our day today!
Sometimes Mohanish does ask how long it will take for him to be cured/treated...but other than that no special complaints or cribbing from him...
Thats all for today...
I await returning home to your replies, wishes and love...
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 02:39:45 PM »
Madhavi,

The highlight of the day was that I was surprised to know that his sister Masumi can come and see him...so surprised him with that and his reaction was what made our day today!

how cute:)

He sounds like such a wonderful little boy.  Sending more wishes and prayers your way  :hugfriend :hugfriend

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Lena

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 05:43:16 PM »

Madhavi,

You are now on Day 5. Have you been informed of the exact BMT date or of the steps prior to it?

Lena.

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 06:00:34 AM »
Day 6-
Got some sort of idea about the schedule to be followed for the BMT today...
Right now Mohanish is being administered antiviral treatment to prevent the onset of infections including those of the site of the central intravenous line. This therapy will be given for a total of 10 days.After that he will be transferred to the isolation BMT ward/room where he will be administered intravenous chemotherapy for 10 days. About 4 days after the initiation of that Masumi will have to be admitted to the hospital for a total duration of 8 days. The BMT will be on the 11th day after the chemotherapy is initiated.
So as of now, the tentative dates are -18-19th Oct:Mohanish is in the special isolation room for initiation of chemo.23rd-24th Oct:Masumi is admitted. 29th-30th Oct:BMT.
The doctor also said that so far Mohanish's condition and status in the ward is good.
Havent met him yet, will do so in the evening and write in if there is anything new...
Thanks for the compliment Sharmin and I hope I have answered your query Lena...
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Lena

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 06:13:17 AM »
Thank you Madhavi,

now we are anxious too as days go by!
Hope for the best,

Lena.

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »
Best of luck to all of you.

We really hope Mohanish is cured and be with the family soon. Please keep posting.
Regards.

Offline Dori

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 06:11:41 PM »
:)

I'm a little tired but wanted to post that you are in my thoughts.

Love as always,

Dore

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 06:18:08 PM »
Madhavi, hope everything is going well my friend

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
Thinking of you Madhavi, praying that our little guy is cured soon and that the procedure goes very smoothly for him.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 05:43:08 AM »
Day 7/8/9-
What has been new in these days is that Mohanish has now been transferred from the previous bed no 10 to no 9 which is the isolation room since last evening. He was a little stirred from his newly found complacence in that room for a while but is doing much better than what I had anticipated... The good thing is that he has an individual tv so can have his choice of english programmes when it is on!
His room now has 2 parts, Mohanish has his bed, the tv with remote now!, a side table and his monitors.The bed is on one side of a partition with a window.There is no door but Manoj should avoid coming into Mohanish's side as much as possible.He has his chair cum bed on the other side of the room. It will take a while to get them both accustomed to this new arrangement, but it is not as bad as it seemed! Mohanish is being quite good despite all the changes and everything. Of course we have to forgive him the mood issues on and off because thats the only outlet for his fears/frustrations...and the tantrum if I can call it, lasts only for a few minutes!
The date of transplant is 29th. The chemotherapy will be started on the 19th. Masumi will be admitted on the 23rd...so after that I will not be able to mail you all...She should be discharged on the 30th or the 1st after which I will be able to tell you about the happenings...
The money issue is also settled and the doctor has confirmed that the amount of money we have arranged for is enough! :biggrin
Today being saturday, we will have many visitors to see Mohanish and it will be like a fair!
Somewhere I think that all the prayers and love are helping us all deal with this better...without you all it would definitely not have been this easy!
Will write in when there is something more to report....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 05:47:03 AM »
Thank you for the update Madhavi, sending lots of luck and warm wishes,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline erum minhas

• my lovely daughter