Mohanish and his transplant

• 281 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Mohanish and his transplant
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2010, 06:17:09 AM »
Madhavi,

I am so glad to hear how well things are going.  I am also very glad that you are a part of our group xoxoxo

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #256 on: September 20, 2010, 01:29:46 PM »
The last visit to the doctor brought in good news.
We need not have any more follow-ups for post BMT!
The last report shows a Hb of 11.8. The rest of the readings are all within normal limits and some approaching the same.
Ciclosporin is to be continued at 10mg od for another month.
After that we wait for 2 months before we can check for the vaccination schedule!
Another lovely news to share with lovely people.....

As for the kids, they both are enjoying kindergarten and being as naughty as they can...It is interesting to see how they are rattling away in Mandarin and I miss out on some of the vocabulary!

Lots and lots of love to all you guys.....
This world is a lot more livable because of thalpal!
Love and luck to all...

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #257 on: September 21, 2010, 12:54:47 AM »
Madhavi,

I am so so so very happy for you and for our dear Mohanish.  You have gone through a lot to reach this and I wish you a
very smooth and happy road ahead.  All my love to the kids.

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #258 on: September 21, 2010, 06:01:46 AM »
Thank you so much,Sharmin! :hugfriend :hugfriend
Love and luck to all...

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #259 on: September 21, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
Its a great  news indeed,i am so happy for you and Mo :) .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2010, 09:06:23 PM »
Madhavi

You can not imagine how happy i am. congratulations my friend,you have all gone through a lot. Wishing you, your family and our little brave fighter all the best xoxox

manal

Offline Dori

« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2010, 03:51:21 PM »
Congratulations Madhavi!
His sister were is donor, right? I heard it's out of 1/4 that a sibling is a donor. So it's unique (what you knew already). What is cyclosporin ?

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2010, 08:20:42 AM »
Sorry Dori, I missed your post.....
His sister was a donor...yes the chances of getting a sibling match are quite rare in a way...!
Ciclosporin is an immunosuppresant..It helps to prevent rejection of any graft-in this case the new bone marrow...

Well, I am writing in because as of yesterday, Mohanish is off ciclosporin....! We now wait for the doctors nod to begin his re-immunization.
After that we will be planning a trip to India early 2011...Mohanish was 9 months old when I brought him here to China....!

It is a big thing for us to have him off all his medication and an important thing to share this 'event' with you all here...

It seems like time has flown....29th Oct will mark a year of the actual transplant....I will hope to write in my last post at this discussion topic on that date....

Lots and lots of love to all of you my friends............
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2010, 02:39:07 PM »
Madhavi,

Congratulations! It must be such a relief to stop the drug after so long. I hope they don't pile too many immunizations at once, as the side effects can make one sick for a few days.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
Hey Mads !!

Great to hear that,and when you come ti India,remember Pakistan is just a bus ride away  :wink .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
Madhavi,

I am so glad to hear that he is off of the drug!  You're family has been through a lot in overcoming thalassemia.  It has been quite an experience for all of us as well - and we are all so glad that our lil Mo has done so well with the transplant.  May he always be blessed with perfect health and happiness.  You have been such an incredible mom - and wonderful friend to all of us.  Much love to all of you and enjoy your trip to India!!  :hugfriend :hugfriend

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2010, 08:38:36 PM »
Great news you show with us. One of best friend had a stem cell transplant 42 days ago. Because of issues, which I will not post here, they performed an awful bone marrow punction to see what's going on. The results have been moved to next friday. A few days ago I heard another friend of mine will start her bmt process in the middle of November. Both transplants are performed to treat thal major. They are 24 and 18yr old. One treated in adult department and one in child department (you can better be there).
Nevertheless, I am glad to hear he's doing well. It's such a blessing!  :hugfriend

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2010, 10:49:45 PM »
Thanks Madhavi for always sharing the news. I am so happy for you all :hugfriend
How time flies, i remember when you started this post... your family has passed through a lot and thanks God everything is more than perfect and i hope it will always be.

Much love to you all and big hug to my little sweeties xoxxo

manal

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2010, 01:00:52 AM »
I realised one thing...that true and loving friends like you can give me goosebumps no matter what!
 :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend and many more....

Regarding the immunization schedule, we will have the usual schedule as such.This is the proposed schedule...I have yet to meet the immunization department doctors to confirm the same. This has been approved by Dr.Li and is as per the studies conducted in post-transplant patients...

1) Hemophilus Influenza B-November 2010 –May 2011
2) DPT/IPV-November, December 2010, January 2011
3) Hepatitis B November 2010, December 2010,April 2011
4) MMR October 2011
5) Pneumococcus October 2011

Zaini, I wish I could visit Pakistan as well...I would love to meet all you friends personally-Pakistan being the closest and good to start with!
When in India I hope to meet the local thal-societies in Mumbai atleast and attend their meetings if I can....and share my experiences....

Thank you again friends....we are where we are because of you all...your love and support!

Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline joyce

• with my baby jovy..
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2010, 01:34:58 PM »
dear madhavi,

keep in faith and don't lose hope..as to remind my self too..
always pray for what happen next.

love,
joyce

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk