Mohanish and his transplant

• 281 Replies

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Mohanish and his transplant
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 12:08:29 PM »
GOD bless u Mo , May God bless u with healthy n joyful long life , may God bless u with supe health ...
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 03:16:35 PM »
...I wish I could explain to Mohanish about all the visitors here! Thank you all friends...
...Reading your posts is so moving...wish there was any other way of saying it-THANK YOU!
I had heard about people meeting angels but never did encounter any so far...it has just begun by meeting them all online!Your presence in our lives is so important because it is in our hearts! Waiting to meet you all in person some day...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 03:31:27 PM by manojmass »
Love and luck to all...

Offline Lena

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2009, 04:05:23 PM »

What kind words, Madhavi! Thank you on behalf of everyone here...
 Wish everything turns out well for your little angel.

Lena.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2009, 04:28:57 PM »
Madhavi,

Thinking of you and your little angels.  Looking forward to the day that our little Mohanish comes home - cured and healthy  :hugfriend :hugfriend 

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
Madhavi, that is for little Mo, i know he loves spiderman :wink
manal

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 05:15:32 AM »
Day 14-
The chemotherapy drugs that are administered can cause stomatitis i.e ulcers in the mouth and hence Mo needs to gargle every 2 hours. That is being a little bit of a discomfort. He is a little crankier than before now but is happy once we spend some time with him and indulge him in long conversations.Probably the only means of letting out his energy is being a little adamant and cranky! Yesterday was a little rough because Manoj also was a bit shaken on the patience level, but both are back to being as close to normal today.And having my mom here helps especially at such times because she gives us all strength and support and assurance...It really helps to have a parent with you when you seem to forget that you are the parent as well and have to be strong! :rotfl
I spoke to the doctor about Masumi's admission as well. It seems that she needs to have infusions over a duration of 6 hours or so and later can return home...it is like an oasis in the desert to hear that because she will be happier to be free at home even if for the evening and night. So most likely we can return home each night except 28th,29th and maybe 30th if needed. We need to go back to the hospital by 7.30 each morning to have her blood tests,injections and the infusions/transfusions. 24th at 10 am will be Masumis admission and then later will know what and how they plan the injections and infusions.
Also today I have to get about 10 people with B positive blood type listed in case there may be a shortage at the hospital blood bank. This is because Mohanish may need to be administered platelets after the transplant...I have already got 4 names ready including myself and the search is on...Most likely though these should suffice as B positive is a common group in China too.
Lena...those words were really heartfelt and I mean it ... these times are tough but having such a huge support system makes it easier to tide over. As I said my mom here, my father and brother back home in India who call daily, our friends here in China, our neighbours who are more like extended family and you all...You know when I am taking Mohanish's food to the hospital, somewhere in the crowds of the strangers I crave to see some familiar face...crave for a tight friendly hug-just to have that extra bit of security and comfort...I long to see one of you all there popping out from the computer and literally coming into our lives...
Thanks Manal...that is so thoughtful of you...
Sharmin...thanks a ton dear...words full of love and care are like a soothing balm that help heal well....
Umair, Zaini- shukriya doston... pyar itna diya hai tumne ki ansuon ke elava aur koi zariya nahi, alfaz nahi mere dil ki baatein bayaan karne ke liye...
If words were flowers, I would offer you the most colourful and beautiful bouquet for sending me your love and wishes and helping me so...-Jade,Souly,Dore,Preety,Canadian_Family,erum minhas,Bostonian_04,maha.... Sorry if I have forgotten anyone in the list...but I am really thankful to the heavens for having sent the all of you to shower us with His love and divinity!
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Dori

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 03:14:38 PM »
:)

How old is Mohanish? Does Mohanish something, and so what and in which languague?

:hugfriend

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 12:15:12 AM »
Dore...Mohanish is almost 4 now...but not yet reading....but I am sure he is better than me at reading hearts and love!I guess you were asking about his reading,right?
Love and luck to all...

Offline Dori

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2009, 09:36:46 PM »
Sorry for my mistake! Im a lil ill - we blame it onto antibiotics. I tried to say of his name means something and in which language?

Sweet dreams, Dore

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2009, 06:08:22 AM »
Day 15/16-
Nothing new...the gargling continues 4 times a day for 2 hours.....The chemo medicines keep on changing as per the schedule planned but like I told you before, I am not really aware of the exact medicines being used.
We had taken Masumi to the hospital today, but only the paperwork for the admission was done and we report again tomorrow morning at 6.30am for blood tests and some infusions. I am not sure if they will do the pheresis...But we can come home whenever it is done with which could be as early as 2 hours or upto 6 hours.
Mohanish is doing fine... and is a little worried that his sister may also probably have to get a central line put during hospitalisation...but I have tried to assure him about that!
Dore-I forgive you but probably not your antibiotics for troubling you so! :mad
Mohanish is one of the many names of one of our 'naughty' and 'flirtatious' Gods Krishna. And maybe Mohanish will also grow up to be as popular with the girls!lol! It is a very Indian and Hindu name so to say.... On the other hand, Masumi is an Indian and also a Japanese name(no wonder easier to pronounce for the Chinese here!lol)Her name means innocence and purity!
Will try to write in daily till the 28th,29th and 30th....
Take care everyone....
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Prets

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2009, 11:05:58 AM »

We are with you Madhavi,  :hugfriend

Hope all goes well with Mohanish and Masumi. Keep us posted.

:heartpink   :heartpink

(One for each little M)

:smiley
Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Offline Dori

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »
Nice names. I hope you're having a beautiful Sunday.  :hugfriend
p.s. I vaguely have heard about Krishna. Im a laywoman in such things. I've no idea.

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2009, 02:36:49 AM »
Day 17/18-
We have been taking Masumi to the hospital in the morning to be injected subcutaneously and then we bring her home. She has also  had the routine blood/stool/urine tests. Most likely the iv injectables will be administered on the 28th when she will be in the hospital all night.
About Mohanish, he is doing well so far. The chemotherapy medicines have varied side effects but so far he had fever only once the day before and it was controlled with Ibuprofen. Now he is on ATG, the last drug in the list, for the days till the transplant. He received a transfusion the day before(100ml) this time.His Hb was 8. So probably this is the last time for transfusion to maintain his Hb for 4 more days till the transplant...His WBC counts are 1.29 and platelets 180 thanks to the chemo cocktail...
Masumi will undergo the bone marrow removal/aspiration under general anesthesia on the 29th at about 10 am local time and Mohanish will be given the marrow after the lab processing in the afternoon around 4 pm. Also the cord blood will be given that time. I am still not sure about how the peripheral blood stem cells will be harvested, but no blood has been taken from Masumi so far.
It is nice that the days seem to be flying...faster the better!
Take care everyone...will write in when I can...
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2009, 09:57:35 AM »
The big day is approaching, everything is going perfectly and i am sure it will continue in the same way. Madhavi, you are a wonderful parent and doing the best for your children. You and your family are in my prayers :hugfriend

Take care and be strong
 :hugfriend
manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2009, 05:13:55 AM »
Constantly keeping you and Mohanish in my prayers,

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk