Mohanish and his transplant

• 281 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Mohanish and his transplant
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »
Madhavi,

It is great to hear that you are surrounded by such love and support.  Mo is going to do really well - he knows that you are close by.  Good to know that Masumi is doing well and that she is making you smile.  I hope that Mo is feeling better and starts becoming "naughty" soon as well  :wink

May your family be blessed wtih excellent health, many smiles and happy times,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2009, 10:17:07 PM »
Madhavi,

so glad to read your recent update :hugfriend What is the plan now for Mo, how are the doctors going to evaluate the transplant now???

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »
Day 24-
Mo is doing much better today.
I spoke to his doctor and he said that Mo still has a liver enlargement of about 3 cms but it is not something unexpected. This is a crucial time since his body lacks many a cells especially platelets. Hence he may need to be transfused 1 unit per day.
As of now, Mos input of water and food seems improving and so also his general appearance.
Our friend clicked a few pictures of Mo yesterday and I will put up some at the gallery because I dont know how to get them here....
They will wait for about 3 weeks or so to tell us about the transplant.
So far all looks good...
Thanks again for your love...
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »
I am so happy to know this update Madhavi, everything seems going well and i am sure it will continue so. Sending continous prayers :hugfriend

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2009, 02:41:18 PM »
Glad to hear Mo is feeling better :hugfriend.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »
Good to hear Mo is doing well. I think the tough days are over now....

May your family be blessed with health and happiness...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »
Best of luck Madhavi. I read your post and hope everything turn out well for Mohanish.
Regards.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2009, 05:37:09 AM »
Madhavi,

I hope that each day is better than the last from here.  Thinking of your family - praying for you all.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Lena

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2009, 05:45:13 AM »
Madhavi,

I wish Mohanish a speedy recovery. For how long is he going to stay at the hospital now?

Lena.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2009, 05:28:48 PM »
Madhavi,

Thinking about you and Mo.  I hope that things are going well, it feels like we are all going through this together.  Our thoughts are constantly with you. 

love to Mo and Masumi
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2009, 10:42:35 PM »
Madhavi,
i  m glad to hear that Mo is doing fine day-b-day , May God bless you n your family with health wealth and  joyful long life ...

Sending Lots of best wishes n regards to Mo ....

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2009, 07:31:54 AM »
Day 25/26-
Mohanish is doing well. He appears to be doing better everyday...
The platelet count rose enough with the last 2 times they were transfused that he will be transfused another unit only today that is after 2 days.
His blood pressure was a little on the higher side but that was something probably to go hand in hand with the bradycardia that the side effect of the preservative left behind.His ECG also showed some changes, but again the doctor said nothing to worry about unless Mo has any discomfort.Communication poses a little bit of a problem, but once we get in touch with the senior doctors it is better!
What to give Mohanish for food is another hassle in a way. He is craving for pork, but we dont want to give it to him as this particular meat is infamous for harbouring many a living being! So am trying to get him to have chicken and veggies instead. Some of his tastes have changed (except for pork!) but am trying to cook him things he likes because his appetite is good now. What is interesting is that the other Chinese kids are all mostly eating a lot of pork...I checked with the doctor and he said that if cooked thoroughly it is not a problem...
About being in the hospital...well, the doctor had told me long back that it will be atleast 28 days after the transplant to check on the success. Recently he has told my husband that it will be 3 weeks or so before he may shift Mohanish from that isolation room. So we will all just wait and watch...
Each day has something or the other coming up to have us a bit at unrest and then its reassuring to get it clarified from the doctor. The juniors many a times go more by the book and that makes it tough on us!Manoj and I hardly have time to sit and share our concerns/thoughts or just anything...but its only going to get better...It does take a toll on us as well in its own way and sometimes we are arguing and bickering about nothing at all! :rotfl
All in all, everyone we know (including you all)are praying and hope that the transplant will be a success!
Love,
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2009, 09:46:26 AM »
Madhavi,

Its great that everything is going smoothly,having a good appetite is a good sign isn't it? Hopefully he'll be home soon.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2009, 01:08:15 AM »
Day 27/28-
Mohanish has had some fever again. But now the doctors know which anti biotic he is sensitive to and so the fever is being controlled better.
Manoj is also a bit shaken up physically and mentally...so I may go inside with him so I may not be able to post here for a while....
Till then keep sending your prayers...
Madhavi
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:24:09 AM by manojmass »
Love and luck to all...

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2009, 03:52:27 AM »
Madhavi,

I hope that Mo recovers very soon now.  I think that it will mean a lot to him, having you with him.  You all have been so brave throughout this procedure.  My prayers are with you.  I look forward to your next update, hoping to see a lot more progress soon. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk