Mohanish and his transplant

• 281 Replies

Offline Lena

Re: Mohanish and his transplant
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 07:23:42 AM »

Little Mohanish and you all are in our thoughts, Madhavi.

May you be strong and successful in your endeavour,,

Lena.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »
Hi Madhavi,
Seding lots of prayers, good wishes and Regards your n Mo's way . .... ALL THE BEST  ...

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2009, 09:30:24 AM »
Day 10-
Mo is doing much better with adjusting to his room....met him in the morning today and he is well...
Was just reading through all the posts here so far....have tears in my eyes...have no other option but to be thankful to have you all...
Nothing much to report as of now.....
Love,
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Prets

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 12:41:38 PM »

Not having much to report also means that everything is going well for little Mo. :-)

Keep the faith Madhavi, my prayers and love with you and your family.

Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 01:29:56 PM »
Wishing you all the luck :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Dori

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 01:59:13 PM »
Si, I am with Zaini.

:hugfriend

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 06:18:30 PM »
always praying for you lil-Mo .... sending lots of prayers and regards your way ....

Best Regards
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 06:36:11 PM »
Mohanish,

Hey little trooper, sending you lots of strength, love and prayers.  Take good care of yourself and you mommy - she loves you very much.  Get all better and then give her a big hug and millions of reasons to smile!

Love,

Auntie Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 04:28:31 AM »
Day 11 and 12-
Mo's chemotherapy has begun. It is a little tough now,wont deny it!  :rolleyes
He has monitoring electrodes attached to his chest and his right index finger(bless the right handed boy! :rotfl)...And since the drugs that have to be given on these first 2 days affect the heart, there is a periodic ECG to be taken as well...but I was present during on the of those ECG sessions and it wasnt as ghastly as the first time we had got it done for Mo during the complete body check up! Ghastly for Mo as well as the attending doctor!!  :rotfl :rotfl
He has to gargle with some special liquid every 4 hours and that is a little irksome but as many other things no other go!
There are a total of 4 chemotherapy drugs that will be used and they will be given one in a day over a period of 10 days in varying schedules, which I am not completely aware of. But these have the potential to decrease his appetite and lead to nausea and vomitting...So far I am trying to make the food that he likes so he atleast consumes something...They are also supplementing him with lots of electrolyte  fluids which include salts like KCl,NaHCO3... Due to the language hassle, it is a little difficult to get exact details...
Another thing, what I have got to know is that the doctor is planning to do a sort of triple transplant procedure...by that I mean-Cord blood transplant with bone marrow transplant and peripheral blood transplant. That is why Masumi needs to be admitted 6 days in advance to undergo what is called as pheresis. She has to donate about 50% of her blood volume to her brother in small quantities in these days. Her blood will be withdrawn in amounts of 50-100ml at each go and she will be transfused blood to refurbish that. This will be done over a period of those 6 days before the transplant.
Thats all for now...
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 12:14:37 PM »
Madhavi, i am praying ofr both of your children

manal

Offline Dori

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 02:00:24 PM »
I never heard about that triple thing before. It's very interesting. Take good care of everyone, including yourself.
 :hugfriend

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 08:03:45 PM »
I just read about this topic.

Madhavi,  my prayers are with you and your children. Hope everything goes well and Mo is cured for ever.

Thank you for sharing your day-to-day experience with us during this time. This will help to prepare other parents who are thinking of BMT for their child.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Madhavi

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 02:37:16 AM »
Day 13-
Mohanish is doing quite well and after that change with the chemotherapy he is again himself. He loves to have visitors so that he can exhaust his talks which he probably saves the whole day long. He is watching television and now also has his pen and scribble pad to doodle on! Infact like I already said seeing him doing well gives me strength.
Yesterday another of our Chinese neighbours who is more like Mos aunty/friend came to know about Mohanish and was in tears.She visited him and offered all the help that we needed...it is so surprising to find such good friends in a foreign land where even communication is a little difficult! She visited Mohanish and made his day...a nice surprise for him...I said that the best help she could give us is to visit him whenever she has time because he really loves having visitors!
About writing it all here...well it helps me as well because it is more like I play reporter and it makes it easy to be living it all in real!
Thanks again for all your prayers and good wishes...
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline maha

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 04:08:40 AM »
Hi Madhavi
I have followed this thread from day-1 although this is the first time I am writing my best wishes. All these days Mohanish was in my thoughts and prayers but since yesterday Masumi has dominated it. May things go easily with her as well. Difficult days lies ahead, may you all come through it cheering and celebrating.

take care
maha

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 05:51:09 AM »
because he really loves having visitors!   

I wish i can be a visitor too :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk