In Memory of Salman

• 10 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
In Memory of Salman
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:06:53 PM »
It breaks our hearts that Salman is no longer with us.  He was known as a hero, and he has done so much for thalassemia patients in Pakistan.  He is dearly missed by his family and all of his friends here.  Our thoughts are with his sister Ayesha and his mother at this time.  God give them the strength to deal with this loss.  Salman, we prayed with all our hearts that you would make it through this impossible battle, but we are forced to let you go.  You are dearly missed by us all.  God bless you and give you eternal peace in heaven.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: In Memory of Salman
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »
Salman may your soul rest in peace.  :sorrow
Ayesha, i know the pain you and your mom are in now, i know that he was your twin soul but definetly he is in a better place and we are all praying for him. My sincere condolences

manal

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 02:05:40 AM »
I have known Salman and Ayesha since my early days of involvement, back when this site was on MSN. Salman was an intelligent, talented young man who was a pioneer, blazing an online trail that connected Pakistan to the international world of thalassemia. When I wanted to learn about thalassemia, Salman's site was one of my main sources of information and I think there are many who work with thalassemics in Pakistan who have taken advantage of the wonderful site Salman had created. I hope Ayesha can manage to keep the site running. Right now the home page is not opening, but you can get it from one of the other links.  http://thalassemia.com.pk/content/thalassemia.html

I was happy to help Salman with some of the little slogans you see in the banner on his site, but I had to decline when asked to help moderate the site. There really is only one of me, so I couldn't offer time I don't have. It's amazing to me how involved we can feel with people we have never met in person, but over the years, through the internet, I have grown to known many people well and with Salman, not only did I have a friend, but also a peer.

Rest in peace, Salman. You are greatly missed.

:sorrow
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 07:32:49 PM »
Vary sad to hear the news. May salman's family get the strength to bear his loss.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 12:04:14 PM »
u will alway remain alive in our hearts n memories ... RIP
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 06:25:48 AM »
I was just reading Ayesha's blog and i was overwhelmed by the number of people who wrote so lovingly about Salman,here is the link to Ayesha's blog .

http://www.ayesha.thalassemia.com.pk/2009/10/23/salman-mehmood-a-k-a-skdev/

I want to share a blog with you guys,one of so many written about Salman,

In The Memory of Our Beloved Friend Salman Mehmood

Salman Mehmood, 24, a close friend of mine, a fellow blogger, an entrepreneur, a person behind a great cause of fighting against thalassemia and a great web developer embraced death today around 1 PM in the noon due to meningitis leaving all the bloggers and tweeters trembled with sadness.

Salman Mehmood was a very simple, modest and pious person. He would just help everyone all the time with his all time favorite phrase “just keep the wheel rolling” by which he meant just keep helping others. Salman was thalassemia major patient since his birth. When he was a kid, he lost his brother Nouman, it was then he promised with himself that he will do anything and everything to minimize thalassemia and to aware people of the dreadful disease. With this cause in his mind he started FAiTH (Fight AgaInst THalassemia). He was always on the move to educate people of the disease and to collect blood for the affected patients. With his cause he was featured on a TV show, where he spreaded the word about fighting against thalassemia. Check out clip of that show below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTnCJFMMALE&feature=player_embedded

When he did his matriculation, the pain got badly to him and he couldn’t attend college. He had to spend a lot of time with pain in hospitals. He would just read html tutorials to divert his attention from the pain. He extended his knowledge to other web languages and with that he became a great self taught web developer. He started working freelance on sites like rentacoder where he is rated as 9.9 out of 10 just because he couldn’t complete his one project because he was hospitalized. After gaining sufficient experience, he decided to move on from freelance work and get a job. He started working online full time for one of his freelance clients in a US based company called “Directors Advantage”. Till date, Salman was one of the best web developers I came across and at such a young age he already had PHP experience of over 8 years. He would offer his free PHP help to all his friends, fellow bloggers and tweeters but may be that didn’t just satisfy Salman’s big heart and he extended his free helping services to everyone on this earth. With his blog Iwritealot he offered his helping hand to everyone who may submit their faulty pages to him, so, he may correct the code.

He would offer his free PHP help to all his friends, fellow bloggers and twitterers but may be that didn’t just satisfy Salman’s big heart and he extended his free helping services to everyone on this earth. With his blog Iwritealot he offered his helping hand to everyone who may submit their faulty pages to him, so, he may correct the code.
I met Salman for the first time on 20th of January 2009 on a forum where I reached for some PHP help. He simply asked me the name of the plugin I needed help with and sent me the working version of it. After that I and Salman became good friends. We would just chat and gossip all night long whenever he was free from his work. In these ten months, Salman helped me with my blog and even my personal PHP projects, endless number of times. Even though Salman was a great professional with decent living and salary, he always wanted to complete his college and so, he gave his exams this year.

Salman is one of the best persons I ever met in my life and his death has left me all broken. He was so wonderful that he will always stay in my memories and I will never forget him. His sister, Ayesha has been really brave all this time and kept us all updated about Salman’s condition. May Allah give her and her family enough courage and patience to bear the loss. I have enough belief in Allah that he will be granted heaven for all the good deeds he did. May Allah bless him and give him peace. I request you all to pray for his soul, so, that he gets peace forever.

This makes me wonder,why all the good people leave this world so early.

May Allah shower his blessings upon you Salman,and May Allah gives your family the strength to bear this huge loss.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Ayesha

• Ayesha's Blog!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »
Zaini: he was needed up there too :)

Its so hard to survive without him...very hard, so many friends from all over the world are writing for him, think... just think how he have been as a brother, as a son..

our world has been shattered, me and my mom have lost interest in everything, we can't die with the dead, but its so hard to move on..

I have decided to carry with his mission 'fight against thalassemia, thalassemia free pakistan', test before marriages bill have been passed too, what if he was alive to celebrate this? never mind... whatever Allah has decided...we have to accept :)

to read more on Salman: http://tfpak.wordpress.com/2009/10/23/salman-mehmood-a-k-a-skdev-1985-2009/
-Ayesha

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »
Ayesha, I know that no words can ease your pain and your mom's pain, but your decesion to continue and carry on with his mission is what Salman would want and i am sure that the more you achieve the more he will be happy. Wishing you all the luck in fulfilling his dream.
Please be sure that we are all here for you :hugfriend

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 04:28:12 AM »
Ayesha,

My heart goes out to you and your mom for the terrible loss that you have suffered.  The courage that you and your brother have displayed is truly admirable.  I look up to you both.  I wish that Salman was still here with us - and with you and your mom but you are right, god needed him more at this time. 

May he have eternal bliss and peace in heaven.  Please let us know how we can be there for you, our thoughts and prayers are always with you my friend.

Much love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Lena

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 08:07:49 AM »

Ayesha,

I read in your blog your "Memories", I watched Salman on youtube...and I was so touched.
You are a brave young woman and I understand the burden you are carrying now. However that's life and things do not change as cruel as they may be. Take care of yourself...

Lena.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 09:04:02 PM »
Dear Ayesha,

I hope that you are taking care of yourself.  We all feel your pain so much.  I hope also that your mother is doing well.

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk