Exjade and antibiotics?

• 5 Replies

Offline Dori

Exjade and antibiotics?
« on: October 22, 2009, 02:00:52 PM »
Hello Thal family,

I've decided there is no choice, but antibiotics. I didn't succeed in stopping my throat infection and many more areas are starting to hurt. I am taking amoxicillin in combination with clavulaanzuur (english spelling?).

Anyway, should I stop with Exjade, lower the dosage or continue? I'm taking 1000mg at the moment, but this morning I couldn't drink all of it.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Exjade and antibiotics?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:05:27 AM »
Dore,

To my knowledge you should not stop exjade, but please wait for other members who are using it. Definetly, they know better  :wink

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 05:20:58 AM »
I really don't know about it,have you checked the leaflet that comes with Exjade?
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline maha

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 07:02:43 AM »
Hi Dore
You don`t have to stop exjade if you are on antibiotics. This time last year Hassan was constantly sick. He had had six courses of antibiotics within three months for varying reasons, but he never discontinued his exjade.

maha

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 09:28:11 PM »
Ok. I didn't take it for 2 days. yesterday I tried but gave up before my glass was empty. I'll try tomorrow. I'm running out of it very soon. I ordered it and hopefully it comes in before Wednesday.
Rcovery goes slowely. I don't lay in bed, but try to read instead of that. Though I became more and more tired. I hardly couldn't breathe so I sleep with my head high - not really a nice position. And I take honey with tea. Btw the Nederlands have a slighty epidemie (sp?). I might have h1n1 too, but I think it's ordinary flu. I'll get my first vaccine about 2 weeks and it's last 2 weeks later. Again my body choose the wrong date; gettin' sick 2 times during 1 semester and one in front of exams isn't really a bright idea! ;)

Dore
ps how's Hassan doing?

Offline maha

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 03:58:59 AM »
Hi Dore
Hassan is doing fine. The ginseng honey is really helping him build his immunity. In the last 10 months he has been sick twice but recovered well without the need of antibiotics.

take care
maha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk