Iron Warriors Art Contest

• 5 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Iron Warriors Art Contest
« on: January 16, 2010, 03:06:48 AM »
Announcing the Iron Warriors Art Contest. Deadline for entries is March 1, 2010. The information leaflet and entry form are both attached to this post as .doc files. The contest is open to all children with thalassemia, world wide. They really want entries, so I hope a lot of kids will send in their artwork.

6th Annual Iron Warriors™ Art Contest

It is that time again, time for the sixth annual Iron Warriors™ Art Contest! Many of you will remember last year’s calendar of winning entries. This year we hope that it will be even better.

The purpose of the contest is to raise awareness about thalassaemia and the importance of treatment compliance for all patients, and to give patients a chance to show off their artwork.

Children with thalassaemia are invited to produce their own original artwork, using the themes “Hearts and Butterflies” and “Iron Warriors™”. Children should be reminded of the Iron Warriors™ pledge:

I pledge to do my best to remove iron and to encourage other children with thalassaemia to work hard and stick with their chelation plan.

Artwork should be a minimum size of 8 ½” x 11”, and a maximum size of 11” x 17”.

Artwork should be displayed lengthwise (landscape).
This facilitates scanning the artwork to an electronic file for use in the calendar.

Age categories for this year’s contest will be:

5 years old and under
6-9 year olds
10-13 year olds
14 years old and over

Artwork for the regional contest must be submitted by March 1st, 2010. Entries received after this date will not be considered.

The artwork submitted will be judged and the top three entries from each age category will have their work printed in the International Iron Warriors Calendar.

International winners will be announced by April 4th, 2010, and the calendars will be distributed on May 8th, International Thal Day.

Attached to this email you will find the waiver and information form that each participant must fill out completely in order to be considered for the contest.. Please also make sure that the name and age of the artist is printed on the back of the artwork.

Artwork will not be returned and may be put on display at future thalassaemia events.

Thank you for your participation! We look forward to another successful calendar contest.

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Lena

Re: Iron Warriors Art Contest
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 06:35:50 AM »
Andy,

who organises this contest?

Lena.

Offline 7assan

• I wish you a speedy recovery
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 08:16:49 AM »
 :wink :biggrinThis iz very nice thing dear Andy to control on the iron sooo keep it up :rolleyes :hugfriend

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 12:46:33 AM »
Iron Warriors is sponsored by ApoPharma. The woman organizing this has a thal major daughter who is also a member of our group.
Andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:24:20 PM »
A little more information about the Iron Warriors.

The Iron Warriors Club was specifically designed for children with Thalassaemia. The Iron Warriors programme is supported by ApoPharma Inc.

It all began when Ms Gina Cioffi (current President of the Cooley's Anemia Foundation), a Patient Advocate living in the United States, developed the Iron Warriors Art Contest, an acivity book and other programs to pay tribute and unite people around the globe.

I hope many of the parents will encourage their kids to enter the contest.
Andy

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 04:04:45 AM »
Thanks for all the info Andy,Romaine did tell me about this contest,and me and Lil Z are wondering what she can create :) .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk