First visit to hematologist - next week

• 0 Replies

Offline Sproutsmama

First visit to hematologist - next week
« on: February 10, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »
Hi everyone,

I will finally be seeing a hematologist next Tuesday.  Although the results of the blood work I had done in December showed that I'm not clotting, I know (based on what I've learned from Andy and other posts on this site) that when pregnant this might be a different story.  As some of you know, I suffered three miscarriages between August 2008 and August 2009.  Two out of the three losses were during the second trimester.  Thankfully, I was blessed with three healthy children prior to the recurrent miscarriages.

I'm concerned that I might not have the most open-minded doctor and I want to be sure that I'm armed with as much 'evidence' as possible to be sure that he explores the possibility that while my non-pregnant blood doesn't clot, that maybe it does when I am pregnant (especially now that I'm 40).

I'm hoping that the doctor will simply say that they'll follow my next pregnancy closely to check for sudden drops in my hemaglobin etc., but if he doesn't, does anyone have some words of experience to share with me that I can use next week?

As always, many thanks.....

Elizabeth

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk