Missing you all

• 30 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Missing you all
« on: April 15, 2010, 03:51:39 PM »
Dear friends,

I have been quite busy lately and haven't had as much time to login as I would like.  We are dealing with Lil A's antibodies, which will hopefully happen soon. 

Also, he had a little accident last night.  He tripped and broke his wrist yesterday.  He had a procedure done to straighten it which seems to have gone well.  The most difficult part is keeping him entertained during the next 5 to 6 weeks while it heals.  He is very active and was looking forward to his hockey, baseball and golf that he does on a regular basis.  Hopefully everything will heal soon and he will be back to playing very soon.

I miss you all very much and pray that you are all doing very well,

Love to you all,   :grouphug :grouphug

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Missing you all
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 12:36:38 AM »
Dearest Sharmin

Missing you loads and loads :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend Take your time my friend.

I hope little A's wrist will heal soon so he can go back to his sports, but what is the plan in dealing with antibodies???

I am sure everythig will be just the way you want it to be
love
manal

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:59:09 AM by Andy »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:58:43 AM »
Sharmin,

I feel so bad for little A. I guess his hockey will have to be confined to watching the playoffs on TV for awhile. I hope this antibody situation is soon resolved. They do eventually fade.

Give little A a high five from me...on his good hand.  :high5
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 02:58:38 AM »
Thank you Manal and Andy,

Currently lil A is getting prednisone for his antibodies, but it does not seem to be helping.  I also hope his arm heals soon.  He has a long cast on his arm from his fingers to his bicep. 

I will keep you all posted,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 03:43:14 AM »
Hi Sharmin,
 i  m sorry to hear abt the fractrue lil-A got earlier .. may God bless him with health soon and his fracture heal soon ... wish him all the best for his treatment from my side .. and a :getwell for him :)  ..
For Lil-A :)

Lots of Best Wishes
& Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Madhavi

• Mohanish....a divine blessing!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 04:47:35 AM »
I wish I were there to help out, Lil A.....maybe do a funny dance or tell you a long story to entertain you...sports is not my arena, else maybe would have chatted with you about that too!
Sharmin....do take care of yourself too.....Lil A needs you the most at this time....
Hope this time passes soon.....
Sketch a smiley and lots of love on his cast from my side!
Take care all of you...............
Madhavi
Love and luck to all...

Offline Prets

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 08:33:51 AM »
Lil A,

Get well soon!   :love

Sharmin - you take care too  -   :hugfriend

I've learnt one thing in life - No matter how tough things are - try to focus on whats good. A cast immediately reminds me of all the art work that can be done on it.  :-)   Distracting the mind works best - for kids and adults alike.

Laughter is therapeutic too - Even if it means looking up jokes on the net and making someone laugh once a day.

It helps to make a list of things we enjoy - and use that list when we are low.

Hope this helps!

Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Offline maha

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 06:07:42 AM »
Lil A must have really tripped bad to have broken his wrist. May he deal and heal soon. Inshallah everything will resolve soon. When I am feeling so bad about his antibody issues I can understand what you must be going through. Keep your patience and I am sure you will have wonderful news to share with us soon. :hugfriend

maha

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 06:04:36 PM »
Umair, Madhavi, Preety and Maha,

Thank you all so much for your wishes.  He tripped and feel quite hard, he also rolled his wrist causing it to fracture and slip out of place. 

I am a little frustrated because even though he has a cast covering most of his arm he continues to go outside to play hockey, soccer and even golf!  I hope that the bone does not move and that it heals properly.  It is so hard to get boys to sit down and wait for things to heal. 

I hope that you all are doing really, really well.  My thoughts are always with you all, wish you all the best,

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 06:28:55 PM »
Sharmin,

I'm actually quite happy to know that little A is not letting this hold him back. As long as it's set properly, and I am sure it is, he should be fine.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 09:35:44 PM »
Thanks Andy,

Two more weeks in the cast.  I am also glad that he is not sitting around moping and that he is continuing to play.  The last x ray showed that his bone was healing well and that it was straight.  He is so eager to get back to his sports. 

He is still being transfused every two weeks, I think that the doctor may increase his prednisone dose briefly - hopefully hitting him a little harder will stop the antibodies.  His iron levels were excellent so far, we haven't checked them since his transfusion frequency increased - but I hope that they are still low.   I don't want to go back to desferal ever again. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 12:11:03 AM »
I didnt log in for ages. So I only read it now. I am glad it heals beautiful. Two more weeks to go. I think it is over before you notice!
I am sorry to hear about the antibodies. I thought the problem was already resolved. Too bad it still plays it stupid games. I really hope the new dose of prednisone is going to do it's job. You four deserve to live without that problem!

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
Thank you so much Dore  :hugfriend :hugfriend  I hope that you are doing great.  How are your studies? 

I hope to be on more often soon. 

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Cari

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 04:20:00 AM »
Call me if u get a chance tomorrow. Sorry I haven't seen this post until today! 

Sorry to hear about little a...I hope Ari is as brave and willful as he is!  Always praying for u.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 05:01:37 AM »
Dear friends, thank you for your ongoing support. 

Charisma dear, I look forward to calling you to chat real soon.  Lil A may get his cast off tomorrow if the fracture healed properly.  He can barely wait to get it off and get back to normal. 

I also wanted to share with you all that I have been accepted to law school for the fall and if all goes well I will be a lawyer in 3 years:)  I hope that I can do some good with the knowledge that I gain. 

Sending my best to you all,

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk