Low vitamine K: Diagnoses & splenectomy and galbladder removal w/ complications

• 4 Replies

Offline Dori

Hello Forum.

Has someone of you hear about case of low vitamine K and high potassium?

I removed more information since there was only one post.  As for the low vit K and high potassium I have heard it is linked to heart problems.

Thank you in advance. Dori
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:22:41 PM by Dori »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Low vitamine K and high potassium
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:30:22 PM »
Dore,

Do you know where the child is being treated? I am wondering why they have been told no to a BMT. I would suggest they contact one of these two centers. The center in NYC has not had a failed BMT in 14 years. If they haven't checked with Sloan Kettering about the BMT, ask them to contact SK. It is true that splenectomy does remove the need for transfusions in some with PK deficiency, so it may be an alternative.

The Children’s Hospital of Boston
300 Longwood Ave.- EN 720
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Phone: (617) 355-2457
Fax: (617) 734-3060

Weill Medical College of Cornell University Also the home of Sloan Kettering  http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/89568.cfm
525 E. 68th St. Payson 695
New York, New York 10021
Phone: (212) 746-3404
Fax: (212) 746-3892
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dori

Re: diagnosis and splenectomy
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:21:36 PM »
There is a diagnose: he has a bleeding disorder.
He had a platelet transfusion last thursday and had his splenectomy and gallbladder removal at Friday. During this operation they hit his left long which collapsed. They had to insert a tube to blow the air out and get him on oxygen. His oxygen was disconnect on Saturday but he still has problems with mainting his own oxygen level and has problems with breathing. He get every two hours morphine but his pain is terrible.

I felt very sad when his mother told me. His mother was in an awful car accident the week before and has a lot of pain herself, even when she talks. She is the whole time by her son in hospital. If I receive new information I will share it here, ok?

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Dore,

I hope that your friend feels better soon.  Being a parent, when your child is going through a tough time can seem impossible at times.  I send lil Js mom prayers and strength for herself and her son.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dori

Thank you. I have not hear from her since Sunday morning. In the hope that no news is good news..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk