Can I be your friend?

• 22 Replies
Can I be your friend?
« on: August 20, 2006, 06:28:32 AM »
Hi,

I am Kafka, 29. Thala major. I hate being thal and having all the related problems. I came across this site and really liked it. It is inspiring to know that there are so many like me. I am not the only lone fish in the normal sea.

I'd like to be friends with all of you.

Thanks for the lovely site

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Can I be your friend?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 06:40:45 AM »
Welcome to the group Kafka,

There's no need to get dis hearted. You should know that they used to think that Malaria was fatal and incurable but eventually they discovered it's cure. Just keep your hopes high and it will be just a matter of time when the cure for Thal. comes along.

Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline jzd24

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 07:41:17 AM »
Kafka,
     Welcome. You will find this site to be very helpful and supportive. I never talked to anyone else who had thalassemia until I was in my forties, and now I can talk to someone everyday if I want. It is such a relief to be able to do that. Nice to meet you.  Jean :wave

Kathy11

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 09:28:58 AM »
Hello Kafka,
Welcome in our family. Loving yourself is the most important thing in your life.
Thal major is a condition it's not who you are :biggrin.yes it is hard when one is always in pain ,still try not to hate yourself , be kind to you and love yourself regardless.
Its nice that you get to know us all here .we are like a real  family , we laugh ,cry and support each other .I hope you never feel alone anymore.thal is only one issue there are other part of you being to focus on.take care and good luck.regards Kathy.

Offline Touta

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 11:24:47 AM »
Welcome Kafka,

This site is really helpful and all members here share all of their thoughts. And, we would love to have u as a member in the family.Please, feel free to share with us anything u would like to discuss or talk about.

:hug :flowers

Offline Poirot

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 02:00:10 PM »
Welcome Kafka to the site and our group of friends!!!

It is great to have you here, and we are delighted to provide you with all the comradeship that you need!!!

BTW, nice nick, any relation to the author?  :biggrin

Poirot

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 09:28:53 AM »
Hi

thanks for the good wishes. Thanks all of u for the warm welcome. Very sweet! atleast i have a bunch of friends like all of u to discuss the frustration one faces.

Thanks sajid, touta, kathy, jzd and all of you. Poirot my surname is kafka. It suits my personality very well i think.
Maybe i will write a book on thal that will beat the pathos of metamorphoses.

Thanks again

Kathy11

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 11:23:26 PM »
Hi kafke,
How are you ?I hope you are coping .
Writting a book sound like a good, positive, productive  idea.
Have a nice day.
kathy

Offline Poirot

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 11:48:46 AM »
Maybe i will write a book on thal that will beat the pathos of metamorphoses.

If you are going to be anything like your namesake, then I will be the first buyer of your book!!!
The topic seems pretty awesome to start with!!!

Take care, mate.

Poirot

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 03:16:37 PM »
Hello Kafka

WELCOME to the family, I hope you enjoy your stay here and that if there is anything you want to vent you can do so by posting on the forum.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards Miaki

Offline Yenny

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 06:33:46 AM »
 :wave Hi Kafka, I would be glad to be your friend too! ... I just joined in, and I know exactly how you feel... :sadyup
But now I feel much better to find you all here! :jumping I'm sure you feel the same way too!
Keep going ... no matter how hard this will be! Let's help each other out!
We are one-winged angel, only by holding each other up we can fly! :console We are not alone, we just haven't found each other yet before! Now we've met, we need not to be alone anymore, let's walk this path together! :five
Stay in touch  :bighug

Offline Maako

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 05:30:38 PM »
hi Kafka,

welcome to the family. its always good to see the family growing.  :smile2 feel free to ask anything u want..

If you are going to be anything like your namesake, then I will be the first buyer of your book!!!

umm... hehe...this is my curiousity getting the better of myself, but what does your name 'kafka' mean?  :biggrin

tc

Maako
Maako

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 07:00:24 PM »
Welcome Kafka

Truly amazing bunch of people here and the family keeps growing. My wife and I had to make choices about children etc. and I tell you there is no better support group than the wonderful people on this site.

Bharat

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 12:52:54 AM »
Welcome to the group, Kafka!  Good to see you here!   :bighug

Offline olivia

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 10:06:36 AM »
Hi Kafka, you are always welcome to be our friend. Errmm, I'm curious to as to what Kafka means... care to share?? Take care ya.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk