• Ayesha's Blog!
World Blood Donor Day!
« on: June 13, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »
-Ayesha

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: World Blood Donor Day!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 03:48:15 AM »
YESSSSSS, a big Thank You for blood donors. Sometimes I can not imagine how life could be without them. They are people who decided to give the gift of life to others with no return

We always talk about difficulites in thal mangement, side effect of chelators ... and so on, but what if there was no blood  in the first place.

To all donors of the world, no words can express our gratitude. Thank you for being there for us.

Manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 04:52:13 AM »

Thank you to all of the wonderful donors who give my son - and all other thals the gift of life

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 06:19:38 AM »

These are those wonderful and generous people who make our kids life possible,and easy,thanks to all the blood donors in the world,words can't express our gratitude.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »

its a day to acknoqledge the greatness of people who donate blood to save others life .. i personaly thanx to all people who EVER donated blood for someone .. and especially thanx to people who dont even ever met to me but have a gr8 contribution in my well being .. THANX TO ALL GREAT BLOOD DONORS may GOD bless you all with a great happy healthy , wealthy, juicy and joyfull long life full of life and liveliness .... :) ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 02:11:58 PM »
Ayesha is doing an incredible job raising awareness.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/21212/world-blood-donor-day-thanking-those-who-save-lives/

World Blood Donor Day: Thanking those who save lives

“Every second, someone in the world needs blood.

And every step of the way, you have been there to fulfill that need.

Your generosity has been the hope and courage for thousands of those patients who suffer from Thalassemia. Thanks to your support, those with Thalassemia now continue to lead complete and full lives. All barriers have been brought down, and continue to be brought down, and many Thalassemic patients go on to do extraordinary things!

It is no doubt that blood is the vital need of all human beings. And this is most true for thalassemic patients.

Thank you for saving the lives of countless people. Thank you for being their hope. Thank you for being an abundant fountain of courage and support.”

The above was a thank you card, sent to our regular blood donors to mark World Blood Donor Day. A little background:

World Blood Donor Day builds on the success of World Health Day 2000 which was devoted to the theme “Blood Saves Lives. Safe Blood Starts With Me”. The enthusiasm and energy with which this day was celebrated indicated that there would be a positive response to an opportunity to give thanks to the millions of people who give the precious gift of life. It also builds on International Blood Donor Day organised annually by the International Federation of Blood Donor Organisations since 1995. – Courtesy: www.wbdd.org

Since 2005, June 14 is celebrated as World Blood Donor Day all over the world to thank millions of blood donors who have taken out time and donated blood for the needy. Being a Thalassemia patient, I know how important blood is for us. Getting blood after every 15 days is only possible because of the massive blood donors.

Blood is needed by many people around the world every second. This can be a mother giving birth, an accident victim, a boy with dengue fever or a father facing open heart surgery. And saving their lives wouldn’t be possible without blood donors.  This saying certainly stands true: “You don’t have to be batman to save lives!”

On behalf of the Thalessemia community, I would like to thank the people who have saved lives and plan to save them in the future. It is because of you we thalassemics have a healthy life!

Your blood saved my life, thank you!

Ayesha Mehmood is the official spokesperson of FAiTh (Fight Against Thalassemia). She actively blogs at http://www.ayesha.thalassemia.com.pk/ and tweets @blessedAyesha
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline ~Sweet*Petite~

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 09:22:01 PM »
I would most certainly like to convey my total gratitude to all the donars worldwide.....surely, without you there is no us!!!

God Love You All.....

:heartred :heartred :thankyou2 :heartred :heartred
~Sweet*Petite~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk