Extreme Fatigue Attacks

• 3 Replies
Extreme Fatigue Attacks
« on: June 18, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »
About once in a month I get those extreme fatigue attacks. They usually only last a few hours. I feel like all life is drained from my body. Like my muscles are really weak. That doesnt really have to do with physical activity from what I can see.

I took my blod pressure. It was pretty good for me at 100/60. Usually its lower. Then I checked my glucose levels. It was 8.1, thats pretty normal (I had just eaten). So its not hypoglycemia symptoms either.

I am not sure about the last times. This time it happened right after I had something to eat. Maybe its related. Maybe too much blood went to my stomach for the digestion? And cause my hemoglobin is quite low I got weak?

Does anyone else experience anything like this?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:56:06 PM by karoloydi »

Offline Moik

Re: Extreme Fatigue Attacks
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 04:28:05 PM »
adrenal fatigue could also be an issue I would think

I get similar episodes

make sure your well hydrated also

Offline Prets

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 02:31:28 PM »
I get them too. Sometimes for days at a stretch.  Could be hormonal - yes - since I do have hormonal imbalances often.

What i accidentally discovered once  is that my painkiller pill helped the fatigue instantly.

Its an anti inflammatory pill. Dicyclomine and Mefenamic acid. I take it for my migraines and IBS, but it seemed to help the fatigue too.  Not sure if it was a coincidence.

Usually when i'm in the extreme fatigue i feel warmed up, so maybe the pill, and even showers help - provided I can crawl into the shower first.

Something to do with inflammation - not sure what!

Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 09:15:47 PM »
It happened again. Exactly the same thing. Right after I had something to eat.
What I ate wasnt really unhealthy. I had olives, vine leaves stuffed with rice, hush brown, pastry with greek cheese and herbs, strawberry yougurt and some fruits. This time it lasted longer. From afternoon till tonight I am still feeling weak. So I dont think its got to do with digestion. Digestion doesnt last for that long.
Its like my muscles have no power. Like my muscles are not obeying the commands from my brain or something.
This time I did exert myself slightly more than normal, but I was feeling great up to the time I ate.
My urine was quite clear so it couldnt have been hemolysis from my G6PD deficiency. Maybe I am allergic to something. I could actually be intollerant to sulfites. I think the yogurt had lots of sulfites, dried fruits in yogurts usually have. And the olives had vinegar that has sulfites. The vine leaves I think have sulfites too cause wine has sulfites. Hash Brown could also have sulfites. processed potatoes usually have.
Next time it happens I ll also try taking ibuprofen to test the inflammation theory.
I ll also try to replicate this meal exactly to see if I am gonna react the same.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:16:59 PM by karoloydi »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk