Cause of Dark Circles and Possible Treatment

• 7 Replies
Cause of Dark Circles and Possible Treatment
« on: June 20, 2010, 09:34:54 PM »
Does anyone know how anemia can cause dark circles under the eyes? I tried googling it but i couldnt find an answer.
This is what wikipedia says for example:

"The lack of nutrients in the diet, or the lack of a balanced diet, can contribute to the discoloration of the area under the eyes. It is believed that a lack of mineral iron can cause dark circles as well. Iron deficiency is the most common type of anemia and this condition is a sign that not enough oxygen is getting to the body tissues.[citation needed]
The skin can also become more pale during pregnancy and menstruation (due to lack of iron), allowing the underlying veins under the eyes to become more visible."

Is it the reduced  oxygen in blood that causes the dark circles?
Cause I read this:

"Have you ever noticed that if the blood supply is cut off to your hand that it will turn a distinctive shade of violet?  What you are actually seeing is the accumulation of deoxygenated blood."

So I am thinking that because the skin under the eye is thinner, its easier to see that effect. Also the therapy that I am gonna mantion below shows that reduced oxygen iis a possible reason for dark circles in anemia.

Now about the possible therapy. There are many websites about this. This is a quite representative website for this kind of therapy:
http://www.carboxytherapy.com/faqs_about_carboxytherapy.html

Its called carboxytherapy. By injecting carbon dioxide under the eye you are tricking the blood cells to release more oxygen, thus removing the dark circles.

If anyone knows anything more on dark circles I d like to know.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Cause of Dark Circles and Possible Treatment
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 10:08:48 PM »
Some possibilities are vitamin C or vitamin K deficiency. Do you also bruise easily? When you have a cut, does it bleed longer than it should?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »
I dont think I bruise easilly or bleed longer tha I should. I also take multivitamin every day and also eat lots of citrus fruits. So I am almost sure that its not Vit C deficiency. I am not sure about vit K. Would taking multivitamin with vit K help prevent vit K deficiency?

Offline eesha

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
help im in same position. i have dark circles and puffiness under eyes. i have tried absolutely everything  nothing is working, i dont think i have deficiency as hospital checks vitamins regularly in bloods.

i need a magic solution pleasssssssssseeeeeeeeeee!

Offline Narendra

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »
One of the causes of dark circles below eye is Less Sleep.
Does sleeping more and resting help?

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 11:39:09 PM »
i Agree to , Narendra .... whenever i had less sleep  for a few week i got dark circles.. but whenever i start to sleep for straight 8-9 hour's Night sleep dark circles vanish away ...

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline eesha

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 06:37:43 PM »
no nothing help for me.
i dont if its to do with the multitude of things i have got, i read having coeliac can cause them so arent i the lucky one!

Offline eesha

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 05:37:02 PM »
Did someone say that zinc supplements can help the dark circles? because i have bought zinc and havent took it yet becausee cant find that post now.
Also the zinc tablets i got has copper with it, is thi ok for a thal to take?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk