Stem Cell Scientist Leads Effort to Prevent Fraudulent Treatment

• 1 Replies

Offline 7assan

• I wish you a speedy recovery
Leading stem cell researchers from institutions around the world are issuing warnings about unproven stem cell therapies being marketed on the Internet and have launched a website to educate and protect patients seeking such treatments. Often conducted outside of the United States, most of these therapies have little or no benefit -- and can be dangerous as well as costly.

, the ISSCR recently launched a publicly available website (www.closerlookatstemcells.org) where patients can learn more about stem cell biology, learn what questions to ask of potential clinics and even submit a specific website for further investigation by the ISSCR.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Stem Cell Scientist Leads Effort to Prevent Fraudulent Treatment
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:39:40 PM »
We have seen this here before and one of the worst aspects about it is that when someone falls for this bogus treatment and spends so much money for nothing, they are too embarrassed to talk about it and warn others. Last year, I was able to get one company to back down after some veiled threats they made against me after I warned people it was a fraud. The lesson is be wary. There is no simple solution to thalassemia and anyone telling us so is a liar.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk