TIF Conference 2011: who is going?

• 54 Replies

Offline Dori

TIF Conference 2011: who is going?
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:10:27 PM »
Thalassaemia International Federation Schedules 2011 Conferences

July 20, 2010 - The Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) has announced that the 12th International Conference on Thalassaemia and the Hemoglobinopathies and the 14th International Conference for Patients and Parents will be held May 11-15, 2011 in Antalya, Turkey.

Antalya    
 Photograph of Antalya, Turkey   
Organized by TIF and the Thalassaemia Federation of Turkey, with the official support of the Governorship of Antalya and the Municipality of Antalya, the theme of the conferences is "Hemoglobin Disorders in the Next Decade."

In a welcome letter on the conferences website (www.tif2011.org),  TIF President Panos Englezos states that "these two simultaneous conferences aim on providing the latest scientific and medical updates to both health professionals and patients and their families and exchanging knowledge and experiences. Above all and very importantly, these conferences serve as great opportunity to built up new and strengthening existing relations and collaborations. It is only by working together, by being partners in the effort, that we can achieve our common aim: the best possible quality of care for every patient with thalassaemia wherever in the world he or she may live."

FAST FACT:
According to one study, the thalassemia carrier rate among the general population of Turkey is 2.1%; however, it is as high as 17% in some regions.

More detailed information on the conferences, including a call for abstracts, a list of main topics, a program overview and registration/accommodation information is on the conference website (www.tif2011.org).

From: http://www.cooleysanemia.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=309:thalassaemia-international-federation-schedules-2011-conferences&catid=1:latest-news

Offline Rehman

Re: TIF Conference 2011: who is going?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 03:48:36 PM »
im going inshallah
THALASSEMIA  MAJOR.

Offline Nur

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 02:23:01 AM »
I am dying to go but the cost makes it impossible for me to go..  :wah

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 05:46:01 AM »
I am dying to go but the cost makes it impossible for me to go..  :wah

Seems like we are in the same boat ...
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 11:20:10 AM »
Yea, I know those problems. I just keep my fingers crossed. Zaini i gonna send you a private message soon.

Offline Maako

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 10:40:44 AM »
i hope to go.. not sure though.. we (Maldivian thalassaemia Society) will see if we can find some sponsors to send few of our patients and parents..

are u going dore? i think i will know by end of this year if there is any possibility for me to go..
Maako

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 06:33:59 PM »
It's looking highly unlikely that I will be going.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 07:41:54 PM »
I would love to go, i would not like to miss such one but unfortunatly it is held at the same time of the end of year exams of both my kids and i should be around  :( Hope exams would be postponed

manal

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 07:47:58 PM »
I'm faced with the same problem. My son's college exams start around then and he won't be available to watch the store full time. The cost is also a big factor, and the dollar has been sinking against the euro again.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Maako

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 02:58:43 PM »
Andy, I personally feel that if u are not able to go, it is going to be a great loss for us all..

Manal, if i can go (which i would knw by end of this year), i had hoped to see u there..

Costing is such a big problem for all of us.. i know so many from here who deserves to be there, but cannot because of the cost constraints...  it makes me so angry..
Maako

Offline Manal

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 09:03:36 PM »
Thank you Maako, i would love to see you too  :hugfriend You are too very right about the cost

manal

Offline ~Sweet*Petite~

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »
Hi Dori,

I'm having great difficulty in discussing any concerns with the congress.  The hotel package is too expensive, so can't they recommend other hotels in the locality?

I don't drink alcohol, so I don't want to go to the Gala Dinner?  If I have to book their Kremlin and Topkai hotels, then I don't want to pay for the dinner and will make my own arrangements.  Why isn't this possible?

The excursions are way too expensive.

Nobody ever seems to get back to me with answers...this is soooo fustrating as the deadline for the discounted booking is nearing.

Please help.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
i got back from turkey close to last month. i travelled by turkish airlines and they stop in istanbul so it was a cheap ticket and i stayed at the paris london hostel. very affordable and free breakfast and tea through out the day and quite central walking distance from the tram station, main cites etc!

Offline Dori

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 02:03:13 PM »
I gonna back here soon. I am sick and need to rest.

Offline Manal

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 06:43:23 PM »
Get well soon Dore and happy new year  :wink

manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk