desferol make me slow

• 7 Replies

Offline umar_farooq_x

• http://peopletalks.webs.com/
desferol make me slow
« on: August 18, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »
hi im umar frm Karachi Pakistan
  when ever i take desferol it makes me slow and then i dont wana do any thing else
     is it everyone's problem or just mine?
      Wat can i do to stop this?

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: desferol make me slow
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 07:36:03 AM »
Umar,

I am sorry i didn't get you,does your body hurt while on desferal? Is this what makes you slow,or do you experience anything else?

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline umar_farooq_x

• http://peopletalks.webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »
no it dosent hurt but it just make my body so lazy

Offline Rehman

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »
hi umer i have the same problem .

any body tell what happen
THALASSEMIA  MAJOR.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »
I am really sorry i have no idea what you guys are talking about,anyone using desferal themselves might be able to help,Tariq? Umair???
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 06:36:46 PM »
Hi Guyz.
I have never gone through or witnessed any such symptoms with desferal so far. I myself am on subq dfo from morning till night 6 days a week, and I spend my day at work doing all sort of normal activities and haven't felt such thing.

Are you on subq or IV desferal?

Also, the reason could be that you are thinking of desferal as a burden and hindrance in your daily routines. If thats the case, you have to consider desferal part of ur life now, until u get your ferritin levels in total control. Infact, I am so used to desferal, I feel odd going out without it, like m totally forgetting something important  :biggrin

Hope that helps.
Do share some more details on your chelation routine and dosage etc.

Tariq.
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »
hmmmm .... me too never gone through that :) .... i was on 8 days between 2 transfusions ( 8 out of 12 days) and never felt anything like that ... even several time i played cricket while having Pump with me sumtimes on tummy n sumtimes on thigh but never felt anything odd .... its the matter of habbit ... in starting this could b irritating but once you bcome used to it .. it will bcome a part of ur life and you'll feel more comfortable to with it than without it .. so carry on ....

Also, the reason could be that you are thinking of desferal as a burden and hindrance in your daily routines. If thats the case, you have to consider desferal part of ur life now, until u get your ferritin levels in total control. Infact, I am so used to desferal, I feel odd going out without it, like m totally forgetting something important
well said , Tariq :) ... i :agree .....

in addition i want to say that .. make your own chelation plan ... if you feel comfortable to have it in night then set to make it in night  or if you feel comfortable to have pump in daytime then make it for day time.....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 02:56:32 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Bobby

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 02:34:12 AM »
I don't take desferol, but exjade make me feel that way. It causes extreme fatigue. I have been on it for 2 months and since then I sleep really hard and feel kinda confused when I awake sometimes. I normally am a really light sleeper and wake up alert. So far that's the only side effect I've experienced. I split the dosage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk