using the thal card..

• 3 Replies

Offline Maako

using the thal card..
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:54:27 PM »
regarding something eesha said on the "general chatter ---- some news to share" i wanted to share my thoughts on this matter..

I see some thals using it as an excuse not to work, study take part in religious observation,

this is something i see in our society too.. parents use it and thals along the way, become comfortable with this, actually believing this.. or in some cases, really using "i have thalassaemia, i am sick" to get out of anything they do not want to do..

i know quite a few thals who are actually and in reality sometimes not as healthy as the other thals and really cannot observe religious acts, or study or play sports or even doesn't have energy to go to a job..

and those considered healthy, are sometimes very tired or lethargic if we are due for our transfusions, or if we get a cold or any other disease...etc, and in those instances, i bet there are only a handful of us who haven't used the "thal" card.. hehehehe i know in some cases, even i have used it.. :wink..

but when majority of thals use this excuse in serious situations, this gives a bad image and a bad name to those thals who are striving so hard to achieve something out of life.. who, like eesha said, is working day and night to control thal, instead of letting it control you, to get yourself a good education and also to make a name for yourself in the industry..

and because of these thals and thier parents (with the excuse "thalassemia"), for those who are really trying in their lives, find it so difficult to get acceptance in schools, or in the social and job arena from the community  :( ..

we are trying to change perceptions, but i still believe that perceptions need to be changed from within first, before spreading it further...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 12:29:15 AM by Maako »
Maako

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: using the thal card..
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 01:49:50 PM »
I totally agree Maako, but it has to start early in life. It is how the  person is raised and how the parents implement the idea of dealing with thal.

manal

PS: hope you are doing great Maako, missed you a lot :hugfriend

Offline Maako

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »
aww manal, missed u lots too..   :hugfriend

hows everything with u?

am doing fine, thanks..

trying to stay in touch here more than before  :D
Maako

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:17:32 PM »
You are welcomed dear :hugfriend

We are fine alhamdullah, but i am doing some repairs at home that are taking too long and keeping me away from here, but hopefully i will be wrapping things up this week. The bad news is that my kids school will start in 10 days and i didn't have any chance to have summer holidays :(

manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk