Are There Any Methods for Reducing Spleen Size?

• 24 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Are There Any Methods for Reducing Spleen Size?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »
Thank you so much Maha and i will keep you informed as soon as i find this red root :hugfriend

manal

Offline zahra

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »
Dear Manal. I am so sorry about your sons spleen size being enlarged. My son has been taking this homeopathic ceonanthis off and on since he was four months old. (His doc alternated it with cardus marrianus. )He hasnt had any problems with it and his spleen has never been even palpable even when he wasnt transfused till he was 9months old. I had seen this before starting it. http://ecam.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/nem161 . I hope it helps your son.
Zahra

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 10:03:41 PM »
Thank you so much Zahra for your wishes  :hugfriend

manal

Offline HbH

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 11:46:54 AM »
Considering that enlargement of the spleen is possible even in non-thalassemia individuals (like from catching a virus like mononucleosis), it is not entirely unusual - in my opinion - that even a very young thal patient can have enlargement of the spleen - especially in response to illness and febrile illness especially.

Spleen enlargement seems to come about in response to how hard it has to work to do its job, so it is logical to suggest that anything that stresses it out more has the potential to make the spleen enlarge in response.

I have had an enlarged spleen since I was a very young child despite having an intermediate form of thalassemia and every time I have been sick with something more significant than a cold, my spleen tends to enlarge a bit more until my body has finished recuperating.  After the illness is over with, the extra enlargement usually calms down.

My cousin is a doctor of Naturopathy and has before mentioned that these herbs can help alleviate an enlarged spleen and the symptoms related to it in some patients:

- Polymnia Uvedalia

An old (and I mean old) doctor's report on using this herb

- Carduus Marianus - more commonly known as St. Mary's Thistle

It is usually used more to help liver issues - especially hepatitis, but it supposedly works in a similar manner to help aid the spleen and reduce enlargement or potential for enlargement.

Both of these herbs can be researched online, but as with all things, I would consult with someone who knows these herbs better and what they can do and how they interact with the body.

Best of luck!

Offline Waleed

• I'm not normal but Supernormal
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 05:01:33 PM »
Manal,

Following up on this old post. What remedies you tried to reduce spleen and whether it worked?
Waleed

Offline AJP

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 04:31:04 AM »
Dear Waleed, 
                      I have taken homeopathic treatment for long periods. My doctor give me the medicine named Ceanothus  Ø (mother tincture ) and it was quite helpful for me. But I don't know how much effective it is for extra enlarge spleen.
 Is Carduus Marianus is another name of milk thistle  ?
Stand up for your Right
Never give up your Fight

Offline Waleed

• I'm not normal but Supernormal
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 08:40:13 AM »
Dear Abyaya,

For what purpose you took Ceanothus Americanus if you don't know whether it is effective for spleen? What was your experience.

And yes you got it right Carduus Marianus is just another name of Milkthistle/silymarin.
Waleed

Offline AJP

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 12:20:07 PM »
Dear Waleed ,

I want to say that it may be useful for moderate size of spleen but I don't know how much effective it is for large spleen but trying is the best.

I was taking Ceanothus for spleen and it was effective.

You may take this medicine 5/10/15 drops 3 times per day with little water. Doses are varies depending upon the size of the spleen.
Try to take homeo medicine on empty or half empty stomach and don't take any food for 30 minutes after taking it.

Are you trying any other methods to reducing spleen  ?
Stand up for your Right
Never give up your Fight

Offline Asma Jamal

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 02:45:33 PM »
If you can find the root itself:

Dosage:

Infusion- Steep 1 tsp. root-bark in 1 cup water. Take 1 to 2 cups a day.

Tincture: Take 10 to 20 drops in water, three or four times a day.

An example of what you will find through mail order companies can be seen at http://www.herbalremedies.com/redroot1.html
I know nothing about this particular company and am using them just to illustrate.

Andy,
I have ceanothus americana mother tincture alcohol volume % 70, made in germany 20ml by herbasin company
My homeopathy dr recommended me to take 4-5 dtops once a day, many years back whn i was small.
Then i stopped it.
Now i want to continue it again. As i hav enlarged spleen. Plz tell me should i go for the dosage u hav suggested.
My weight is 49kg. Age is 30 years.

Asma
I may never prove to be good enough for every one...
but i am the best for them who Deserve me

Asma

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 11:59:37 PM »
If there are instructions for use on the bottle, they should be followed, as the tincture comes in varying strengths from different manufacturers.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk