Chelation requirements

• 1 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Chelation requirements
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:30:56 PM »
I have recently had many questions about desferal and pumps.  Because I reside in Canada I don't know how one would gain access in places like India.  If you need assistance please go to Miscellaneous forums on the main thalpal page and find a treatment center near you by clicking on 'Treatment Centers".  I also don't have access to desferal, as my son is on Exjade.  We are only allowed to purchase the allocated amount of Exjade as prescribed for a certain period of time. 

I understand that affordable exjade (also known as Asunra, desirox) can be purchased at various centers.  Please feel free to post messages inquiring where pumps, desferal and oral chelation can be purchased in your area.  Perhaps someone else in your area may be able to post a response directing you. 

Best of luck,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Chelation requirements
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:32:59 PM »
An additional note for patients who are taking one form of chelation only, and having little or no progress.  Please discuss combination chelation with your doctors.  Combination of desferal and exjade have been studied in Oakland and the results are very promising.  Large declines in both ferritin levels and actual MRI and SQUID measurements have been observed in small periods of time. Please get the medication and supplies you need - don't delay.  Iron accumulates quickly and takes much longer to chelate from the body.   

Best of Luck and don't give up!

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk