Curious about Thal minor.....

• 1 Replies
Curious about Thal minor.....
« on: May 22, 2011, 05:27:39 AM »
I would of thought that being in multicultural Australia would mean i might of met other people who have thal. But i dont know a single soul.

Its really comforting to find other people who do have thal :)

So yeah. I have a few health issues as well as the thal minor, as well as a few quirks that the docs were interested in:

*AD/HD
*Generalised Anxiety Disorder
*Excema
*Hypermobile joints, roll ankles easily, flat footed, injure self easily
*small petite skinny hands, and small delicate feet - even when BMI in obese range
*Asthma
*Allergies - Cats, dogs, grass, mould, dust cockroaches, horses, salicylates/asprin
*irritable bowel syndrome ( they tested for coeliac)
*bruise easily  - platelet count is normal, and PTT and TT were normal.
*small mouth/large teeth - even after the removal of 4 wisdom teeth which were throwing braces work out, my teeth are still kinda crowded.
*high BP

The doctors dont know very much about beta gamma delta epsilon zero thal, let alone what will happen in the future. Although i have never had my Hb in the transfusion range, ive been told to watch my health as it could get that low. They want me to have a full blood count every few months just to keep an eye on it.

It seems like so much effort for something that people dont know much about, let alone think anything needs to be done besides folic acid every day. im going to get my blood test done on tues, it wil be the first one since being on the folic acid for aobut 8 months, we will see how it is now.

So im just curious, are any other thal minors got any of the stuff i mentioned above?

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Curious about Thal minor.....
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:18:08 AM »
Hi Gemma,

I don't think all these conditions have something to do with thal minor,i am a thal minor too and i have had my own set of problems,but one thing you mentioned that you easily bruise,that can be because of vitamin C deficiency too,so you should try taking some vitamin C :) .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk