Recruiting patient for Thalgen Finally! Good News about Gene Therapy Trials

• 124 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
After many delays, it appears that an agreement between Errant Gene and Sloan Kettering has finally been worked out. Dr Sadelain's trials should begin this year for certain. Stay tuned for more details as they develop.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Andy,

Thanks for posting this!  I am so glad!  I can't wait to hear more!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Parin

Thanks Andy for sharing this news...It good news to all.

so do you think by EOD year it will visible to world??

Only my request to you, that please sharing any information releated to trails immedietly......and my advance Thanks for that.

Regards,
AshutoshT

Offline Andy Battaglia

Once an agreement is finalized and signed, I will make an announcement. After that, the start of the trials will be completely up to Dr Sadelain and his extraordinarily meticulous and precise methods. It can be frustrating, but the man will not proceed until he is sure every step has been fully investigated and proven. Please remember that his stem cell mobilization produced stem cells at a far higher rate than predicted, so we must allow the doctor to proceed at his own pace and bring us the very best possible results. What I have been told is that this will be in patients by November at the latest. From past experience, I will choose not to hold my breath waiting but I have far more confidence that this will soon begin than I have had in quite some time.
Andy

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
 :biggrin good luck to all of us.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Parin

Thanks Andy for sharing the valuable information...you are great.....

My all wishes with Dr Sadelain  and team.

Thanks again and keep updating.

Regards,

Ashutosh T

Offline Parin

e-mail from Pat

Dear family member,

I know that it has been a while. Michel Sadelain and his staff including EGT and their staff have been working feverishly to proceed on the Thalagen project. Things are moving forward.

I predict that the first patients will be treated with Thalagen by the end of fall.

We all are happily excited. Please keep the prayers and good wishes coming.

Pat girondi

Offline Emby

I guess I'm a really emotional person but I cried when I read this...heres hoping InshaAllah-God Willing.

Offline Andy Battaglia

The agreement to turn the gene therapy cure for beta thalassemia over to Sloan Kettering, under the supervision of Dr Michel Sadelain, has been finalized and signed. We can expect trials in humans to begin this year. I have complete confidence in Dr Sadelain and his ability to perfect this cure using the true beta globin gene.

On behalf of everyone involved in the world of thalassemia, I want to thank Pat Girondi for the 19 years of work that have brought us to this point. Without Pat's tireless efforts to raise money and support for this incredible endeavor, we would not be where we are today. Pat, from the bottom of our hearts we thank you for everything. You are what I call a "real person" and I am thankful for your friendship and reminders that the road is never easy. As I sit here listening to your song "Lisa" a tear comes to my eye as I think of all those who have come before, are here now and are yet to come and how we each in our own ways have given so much to give some hope to those who need it most, and that we are about to cross into a new frontier, and the tears of sadness over those we have lost turn to tears of joy with the realization just how important this is.

For Rocco, who knows how much his dad has given of himself to try to give his son and every thal on earth a better life, and for everyone who has ever been touched by thalassemia, I salute you, Pat g. And for my little sis

"Lisa forever and ever you."
Andy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Indeed this is the news we have all been hoping for! I pray that this turns out to be everything that we have been praying for so that millions may benefit from it.   Thank you Andy for posting this, for always speaking up for us and for keeping us updated. 

Pat, I don't have the words to thank you for all that you have done.  May this treatment cure Rocco and bring relief to all of the families who await this cure.  Pat thank you for your tireless efforts. 

Lisa, I wish you were here to benefit from this - but I know that it would make you very happy to know that the future for thal patients is getting brighter everyday.  Thank you for bringing us together so that we can share all of this information and make informed choices for ourselves and our loved ones. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline PositiveVibes

A ray of sun !!! :)))) Thank you all for your constant contribution to make thalassemics' life easier.

Thank you Andy for presenting such good news !!!

Wish u all luck and can't wait to hear more information !  :veil
Rozitka

Hello Friends,

Not sure if anyone knows any latest news. I am hoping Andy may have some update. I can't wait to see if trials have began.

Regards.

Offline Andy Battaglia

I expect an announcement on trials beginning very soon.
Andy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Andy, Canadian Family,

I can't wait!!  We all have the same wish - I hope that our prayers will be heard soon,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Parin

Re: Recruiting patient for Thalgen Finally! Good News about Gene Therapy Trials
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 04:42:50 PM »
dear all,Andy

Is there any news about the Trials??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk