Is itching skin a symptom of thal minor?

• 3 Replies

Offline Laura

Is itching skin a symptom of thal minor?
« on: July 17, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »
Hello!

As you may know, I have thal major but now I have a question about thal minor.

I'll explain you a little bit the situation. My nephew, who is 19 years old, is suffering from itches all over his body since a month ago. He's been taking all sort of antihistamines but he's had no solution to the problem.

He has no fave or mark in his skin, he sais it is like if it was the blood was itching or burning, it is like an internal sense. It is being quite difficcult for him to live with that. He's visited the doctor for 3 times but they don't see what it is that makes him feel like that.

We are thinking to go talking to my hematologyst and ask her if it is possible that he's something wrong in his blood but first I wanted to find out with you if it was something possibly related to thal minor.

I'm waiting for your prompt response.

Thanks a lot.

Laura.
The most important thing in life is not what you achieve but the fact of fighting for it.

Offline theresainadelaide

Re: Is itching skin a symptom of thal minor?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 07:11:37 AM »
my mum, dad, brother and my son and me all have Thal minor and we all suffer from itching skin. We have tried every antihystaimine under the sun and nothing stops the itching. Not sure if this coincidence or if it's related to Thal Minor. The constant itching drives me nuts. I have been tested for every allergy and nothing is showing. The doctors say i am not allergic to anything that would cause itching skin. The doctors say they don't know what causing my itching
Cheers
Theresa

Offline Narendra

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 07:49:58 PM »
I do not think Thal(Minor) and itching are related.

Offline Laura

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »
Thank you for your replies.
Nowadays he feels better but he is still feeling itches. Eitherway, it seems it is something dermatologic.
Thanks again.
The most important thing in life is not what you achieve but the fact of fighting for it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk