Questionable Exjade Ingredient?

• 2 Replies

Offline Siena

Questionable Exjade Ingredient?
« on: September 19, 2006, 01:33:51 PM »
Hi, I noticed recently that one of the ingredients in Exjade is SODIUM LAUREL SULPHATE which has been a well known "nasty" that the whole world has known to avoid for years now whether its in a shampoo, soap or as a cream applied topically but to have this ingredient ingested would have disasterous consequences wouldnt it, especially since its been known to be carcinogenic? I have to say that since I found out about this, my excitement at finally seeing the end of using the pump wained somewhat. I called the drug company who said it is up to the individual to make up their own minds as to whether to take it or not. Does anyone out there know more about this? Exjade is a new drug, therefore the long term effects are yet unknown. Time will tell...... :-\

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
Re: Questionable Exjade Ingredient?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 01:33:39 AM »
Hi, Siena!  Welcome to the group.   :hug

The whole thing seems to be a myth.  Take a look at this page and it will explain.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/shampoo.asp

Offline Siena

Re: Questionable Exjade Ingredient?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 01:58:05 AM »
Hi Danielle and thanks for the "hug" and I send one right back at ya!! Thanks for pointing me to that page expaining things a little better. Im still concerned that it is a "detergent" regardless that it may or may not be carcinogenic. Just the thought of me taking a soluble tablet containing detergent just freaks me out a little, especially on an ongoing basis. Im just afraid of the "long term use". I think I'll just try and get to "love" using my pump again for now because the Exjade for me is a little scary just now even though I was just thrilled-to-bits not long ago thinking about turfing my pump into the rubbish bin and waving bye bye to it. Thanks Danielle and God bless

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk