thalassemia major

• 6 Replies
thalassemia major
« on: October 16, 2011, 07:12:44 PM »
i have thalassemia major . im 17 and haven't been sick and never needed transfusion. do you think i could carry on living a normal life like others ?

Re: thalassemia major
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 07:13:16 PM »
never been sick as in like so sick i had to be hospitalized.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »
How can you be classified a major if you have never needed transfusions? What is your Hb level?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 06:31:46 PM »
Dear,

Nice to hear from you, what is your blood analysis and do you have any mutation?

If you can share something with us ?

With regards,

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »
I think I might have mistaken. I've never had any transfusions. It could be a minor but I'm the only one affected in my family. I can basically do all sorts of sports but I get tired after about 30 minutes. The doctor sort of sounded serious so I thought I was a major.
My Hb level is 9.8. It's low , that's for sure.

I was wondering what sort of diet I should stick to. All I found on the internet was food to be avoided but I want to know what sort of food I should eat instead.

( It's great to be a part of this community :) I know I'm not alone )

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 03:03:00 AM »
Myatthura,

Your Hb level would classify you as thal minor, and it is low enough to be considered anemic, so it's no surprise that you have limited energy stores. In general, you should avoid non-nutritious "junk" foods as much as possible. Try to eat a balanced diet with fresh fruit and vegetables. Avoid highly processed foods. Stay well hydrated. I usually suggest natural vitamin E and B Complex, among other supplements. You can get a lot of information in our Diet, Nutrition and Supplements board.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dori

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »
Welcome on board, Myatthura

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk