Anyone on Exjade in Australia or the World??

• 2 Replies

Offline Siena

Anyone on Exjade in Australia or the World??
« on: September 25, 2006, 01:44:27 PM »
Hi all, just wondering if anyone out there is on the Exjade trials or any other tablet other than Desferal? Would just like to know how its all going and has your ferritin levels improved since you have been using it? Also, has anyone questioned your treating medical doctor on one of the ingredients, namely "Sodium Laurel Sulphate" as I know this ingredient is found in soaps/creams/shampoo's/conditioners as a detergent. Would just like to know more about this It all sounds very exciting to be close to eventually ceasing the desferal pump and taking something via a simple soluable tablet......"now that sounds like music to my ears". Thanks everyone.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Anyone on Exjade in Australia or the World??
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 05:20:23 PM »
Hi Siena,
            Welcome to the site! There is a separate thread in this very sub forum discussing Exjade and the patients' experiences who are using it. Here is the link http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=84.0

As for the soap ingredient; I guess they added it to make it fizzy/bubbly when it dissolves in water like other fizz tablets ?!?! I really don't know but this is the most logical thing that I can think of, but then again why didn't they use calcium carbonate or other carbonate compound for the job. Surely even kids know about this kitchen science project (baking soda to create volcano effect).

:dunno :huh :-\

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Re: Anyone on Exjade in Australia or the World??
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 09:27:02 AM »
hi im from sydney and im currently just started exjade nearly 2 weeks ago now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk