New Here

• 5 Replies
New Here
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
I've been reading from this website since I found out I was pregnant in Novemeber.  I was always extremely tired, and was trying to find if it maybe had something to do with my thalassemia. I have recently just had a misscariage at 13 weeks pregnant, the fetus was only measuring 9.  The misscariage was by far my most painfull misscariage, I have had 2 previous ones, after everything passed I also clotted like crazy and ended up in the ER.  When I got home I started googling Thal and misscariage and was again brought to this site.  I am now convinced that my miscarriage was in part due to my Thalassimia.  We are wanting to try again, a d I am curious how quickly I am able to try again and what I should do to prepare my body for another pregnancy. I am petrified of this happening again.  At the moment I am taking a Prenatle Vitamin and a Vitamin D Vitamin, and from what I have read from previous posts I should start taking Folic Acid and Vitamin E.  I would love to hear what other woman have done to prepare them selves for pregnancy.  I have had 2 healthy pregnancies I have two sons ages 10 months and 3 years, but we are wanting one more, and we are wanting them close in age. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have :)

Offline Laura

Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:59:02 PM »
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

Are you thal minor?

Best wishes,

Laura.
The most important thing in life is not what you achieve but the fact of fighting for it.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 10:27:17 PM »
Thanks,
Yes I have Beta Thal Minor
I found out I had it with my first pregnancy in 2008

Offline ldominguez1022

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 10:25:39 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm also new to the site and trying to get information on having a healthy pregnancy w/ thal minor.

From what I understand it is best to wait about a year after giving birth before trying again, but I'm not sure if that same thing applies to thals. I hope that with an increase in supplements and awareness you can carry another child soon.

- L

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 02:33:11 AM »
Nikkipearl,

I am sorry for your loss.  Yes, you are on the right track with Prenatal Vitamins, Vitamin D, Folic Acid and Vitamin E.  I would also suggest that you see a hematologist before and during your next pregnancy - ideally one that is knowledgeable about thalassemia. 

Wishing you good luck getting pregnant, having a healthy pregnancy and delivery. 

Best,

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 01:08:25 AM »
Thanks for the reply everyone, we are going to try again right away, just waiting to finish up one cycle, I did go to a hematoglist but he seems to think that Thal  minor has no effect on pregnancy besides feeling more fatigued

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk