is FCTI's Autologous Precursor Stem Cell Therapy "the A N S W E R"??

• 5 Replies
This is my first post on these forums and would apologies if the information that I am sharing is incomplete / naive.

While looking for options for treating Thalassemia, I came across this possible cure from FCTI / Laboratoires Dom AVMM (SUISSE) but I am not really able to really validate this information anywhere on the Web.

"FCTI AUTOLOGOUS PRECURSOR STEM CELLS has revolutionised an improved method after twenty years of extensive research, GMP (good manufacturing practice) and clinical experience to enable physicians to treat patients with precision while not compromising on the safety aspects. FCTI stands at the threshold of ‘regenerative’ medicine where Autologous Precursor Stem Cells, manufactured via its FCTI's proprietary primary tissue culture, can potentially restore functions to injured, diseased and debilitated tissues and organs. SCT (Stem Cell Therapy) is the leading biomedical science in the rapidly emerging field of regenerative medicine.

FCTI is the world’s largest provider of its innovative Autologous Precursor Stem Cells using FCTI Proprietary procedure of primary cell tissue culture. FCTI offers Autologous Precursor Stem Cells with potent & effective results. Many years of research and experience have resulted in substantial improvements in health conditions of patients with various diseases treated with stem cells where conventional treatments and therapies have failed.

APSCT gives a choice for patients who believe that stem cell therapy can alleviate their symptoms, but are concerned about its safety issues. Since APSCT is derived from the patient’s very own blood, there is an unlikely chance of rejection or immunogenicity.

FCTI’s APSCT differs from other autologous stem cell therapies in its much detailed preparation method of primary tissue culturing. The autologous stem cells on their own are limited in their ability to differentiate into other type of cells. In FCTI, the autologous precursor stem cells are harvested using our proprietary primary tissue culturing.

FCTI’s Autologous Precursor Stem Cell Therapy (APSCT) - How is it prepared / adiministered??
1. 5 cc of blood is required from an adult patient, while only 3 cc is drawn from a child patient.
2. There the stem cells would be further segregated from the blood cells. With FCTI’s proprietary expertise of primary cell tissue culturing, it will be made into Autologous Precursor Stem Cells, manufactured solely for a specific individual patient. These stem cells will be co-cultured with precursor stem cells using FCTI’s proprietary primary cell tissue culturing.
3. As FCTI’s APSCT are autologous adult stem cells in nature and derived from the patient’s own blood, it meets the legal medical requirement for the implantation into one’s own body.
4. Fresh Individualized Autologous Stem Cells must be implanted back to the patient
5. Progress is monitored

ADVANTAGES OF FCTI'S AUTOLOGOUS PRECURSOR STEM CELLS (with proprietary primary tissue culture) OVER OTHER ADULT STEM CELLS
FCTI's Autologous PRECURSOR Stem Cells* Other Adult Stem Cells
Therapeutic potential
High
Low
Differentiation
Fast
Slow
Adaptability
High
Low
Cell division
Fast
Slow
Immunogenicity
Practically nil
Higher
Survival rate
High
Lower
Quantity
Numerous
Less

They are talking of Thalassemia as well as an inidication for FCTI AUTOLOGOUS PRECURSOR STEM CELLS INDIVIDUALISED THERAPY

I have taken selected excerpts from the orginal article published on their website. For further information, kindly refer: http://autologous-stemcells.com/poster&banner/big/FCTI%20APSCT.pdf

Would request members of this forum to share your experience (if any) or comments on this.

Thanks!

Offline Poirot

Re: is FCTI's Autologous Precursor Stem Cell Therapy "the A N S W E R"??
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:01:42 PM »
My answer to your question is "Maybe".

Are you associated with the company and would you be willing to answer some questions and share some references about your treatment process? If you are not associated with the company, do you know people in the company, who would be willing to answer questions? If neither of the above, then are you a Thal?

I did go through the website link that you provided and I was disappointed: There are no names of doctors or researchers or patent filings. There are also no links to peer reviewed scientific papers published by this company or its founders.

Thanks

Poirot

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »
Hi Poirot,
Thanks for your reply! I am not linked to the company in anyway and just trying look for latest developments to treat Thal (my kid is a Thal Major). I was too not able to validate any of the information that I came across and wanted to share this with the members here for inputs/comments . I even tried to reach out to some of the Swiss and Singapore telephone numbers listed on their site, but did not get through.

However, only thing that I can say about lab domm is I have used its MF III capsules and was greatly impressed with the results and that's when I did not want to pass this therapy as just another sensation. Did you look at the videos that they have shared http://www.precursorstemcells.com/index.php?Content=videopresentation

Thanks
catchR

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 02:58:33 PM »
I am always skeptical of thse claims, especially when the company has gone to great lengths to make sure that their own pages dominate any internet search. However, you will find the occasional objective article.  See

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/rabbit-fetus-therapy-risky-scientists-warn/story-e6frg6n6-1225860356280
http://www.stemcellcentre.edu.au/NewsEvents/Blogs/rabbit.aspx

I will also refer you to a previous thread about similar claims made by another company.
http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php/topic,1848.msg15474.html#msg15474

I don't like to comment a lot because then I get letters from phony attorneys threatening lawsuits.

Do I recommend injecting animal tissue into your body? What do you think? Does it make any logical sense at all? I don't think so and I don't believe these claims. Try finding patients of any disease or disorder who have been cured by this technique. I tired with Regenecell and came up empty. What you will find is desperate people who have parted with large sums of money, but have no cure. At the bottom of this post you will see a link to The Australian Stem Cell Centre Information Handbook. I would suggest looking it over.

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 02:36:19 PM »
I on vacation and hence could not respond back immediately.

Thanks Andy for your comments and the pdf article. I was my self very skeptical of the claims. And hence wanted to validate this information with the forums.

I did myself try to find some success stories but could not find anything relevant.

Offline Poirot

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »
Thanks, Andy for the post.

CatchR, thanks for the clarification - my own view, based on a smattering of understanding of genetics,  is that autologous stem cell transplant unlikely to work as the stem cells will share the same genetic information as what ails us currently. So, unless the stem cell's genetic information can be manipulated and modified in the lab, and then re-injected, there is no solution.

There are/have been two companies working on the above mentioned solution - take the faulty gene, modify it, and then re-inject using a suitable vehicle. So far, there is only one success story out of France, and even that story has some problems with it.

cheers

Poirot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk