I Need More Help with thalpal.com

• 7 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
I Need More Help with thalpal.com
« on: February 12, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »
I need more help answering posts. This is a volunteer effort by me and I have zero connection to thalassemia in my own life, yet I have chosen to stay on board many years after Lisa died, in spite of no other connection to thal. The workload here has become more than I can keep up with, while also maintaining by business and personal life. I don't want to reach the point where I just say I can't do it anymore because people do need help, but I see that day rapidly approaching and the only thing that can ward that off is more participation by those directly affected by thalassemia. Please consider helping out more. Our moderators have all become involved in different ventures that have greatly limited or completely removed participation and I cannot fault any of them. My belief is that if you have learned, then you also have an obligation to pass on the accumulated knowledge. Please think about this and please help out more.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Narendra

Re: I Need More Help with thalpal.com
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:11:36 PM »
Folks - I know a lot of us appreciate what Andy is doing, we also need to support him where we can. There are parents who can help with first hand information and reply to posts. I know a lot of you are very busy with taking care of the kids, but if some of you can share your experience when you see a post - that helps Andy relax a bit and balance his life.

I try to help as much as I can but not having a thal child limits on what I can share. I think the best would be if some of thal parents can step up. Again, just chipping in where we can can greatly reduce the time and efforts Andy has to give. Please login more often and see if there are posts that you can reply.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:19:04 AM »
Andy,

I can only imagine how overwhelmed you are with this - I have been guilty of not signing on enough in recent months.  but I will be sure to log on more often and answer as many questions as I can.  The members are increasing and the help is decreasing.  I will try to put in an hour nightly beginning tonight.  Law school and kids have taken up a lot of my time recently but I will login whenever possible.  Thank you for continuing to take on this responsibility Andy. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »
I appreciate the help and hope that more members will step up and share their experience. To complicate matters for me, during a recent hard drive reformatting, my external hard drive failed. I lost over 4 years worth of information I had gathered about thal, including many documents and articles. Some of this is irreplaceable and it has left me searching all over again for even some basic things like test interpretations. And on top of everything, the demands for my time from the thalassemia community in addition to thalpal also continue to increase. Anything that can lighten my workload here is greatly appreciated.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Narendra

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »
Thanks Sharmin - We understand with a busy life it gets difficult to help others but I am glad you are trying to help folks. My comments above were more meant for other members  & parents who can share their valuable experience.

Offline Supergirl

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 06:11:41 AM »
Dear friends,
Our thanks to Andy, Sharmin, Narendra and all the other senior moderators for being there for a lot of us in our need. We can't thank you enough for your time and support.
Just wanted to share that we have a 2yr old with thal major. Together, we have learnt to 'learn' and 'grow' and this process became more special as we kept meeting the other families and hearing their experience. We have received so much love and strength and for all that and more, I commit to loggin in more often and giving atleast an hour of my time.
Best Wishes
SK

Offline gwftan

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »
Dear Andy,

I understand your frustration.  I will help you whenever I can, in answering related post that are more or less similar to what I am experiencing.  As I am not a Major I may not be able to help you in these areas due to my lack of knowledge and experience.

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »
Hi Andy,

You have done so much for the Thal Community and through this forum we have found soo many useful suggestions and support that Thal is now part of our normal life. It is not scary...it is just a bit different ...I will do my best to visit the site more often and help in replying. Thank you for bringing it up and waking me up.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk