Infant solid food introduction for thal minors

• 2 Replies
Infant solid food introduction for thal minors
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:08:03 PM »
hello everyone,

my 4-month old infant son is thal minor. he is currently on breast milk only. our pediatrician mentioned about starting solid food with some rice cereals with breast milk. she mentioned that would provide iron to the baby, which is a supplement they need at this age in controlled amounts.

i wanted to check with this well informed community if this is a good idea and how do we know we are not giving more or less iron than necessary ?

thanks.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Infant solid food introduction for thal minors
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »
You can choose to make your own baby food at home with a blender, which will help to avoid getting excess iron. You can put almost any food that you want to feed the baby into a blender and, not only does it allow you to choose what you want to feed the baby, but it works out to be far cheaper than buying prepared baby foods. We did this with 5 kids and almost never bough baby foods. Breast feeding is best, so keep it going as long as you can.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Narendra

Re: Infant solid food introduction for thal minors
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »
For a thal(minor) Iron is not a problem, so I guess your infant can eat whatever he wants. Iron is more of a problem for Thal(Major) and Thal (Intermedia)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk